Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3500 Base station absolutely will not connect to internet after power outage

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CWC03
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a power outage, I cannot get my VMB3500 base station back online/connected to internet. I have tried all the various recommendations on the Arlo community pages but none seem to work. I had this happen not too long ago after a power outage and had issues then as well, but it eventually connected after several days after I just left it alone...?? Anyway, this time I cannot get it to connect at all after several days...there are three lights on the base station, and the power light is solid green, the camera light is solid green, and the internet light is off/no light...I have another Arlo system that reconnects with no problem after power loss, but this one seems to have issues during power outages....Any gurus out there have any other suggestions or advice?? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or input...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CWC03
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I tried that which was recommended, which still did not fix my issue. Since my problem originated with a power outage I decided I’d try to create another outage and see if that would make a difference. So I went to my breaker box and killed the power, waited about 5 seconds and then cut the breaker back on...After a few minutes, It was working and connected again. Not sure why turning off at breaker worked when unplugging did not, but oh well....it worked!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the router and base, in that order. Also swap cables and use a different router port. You may have faulty hardware but troubleshoot first.

For the future, consider a UPS for your modem, router and base so they never lose power.

CWC03
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat I will try this as you suggested in that order, but I think I may have already, but will attempt again. Just to clarify, are you meaning reboot router and let it initialize and reconnect, then reboot the base thereafter? Is that the order you suggest? Also I did previously try swapping cables as well. One other thing I might should point out that I didn’t specify before... this particular base( that I’m having issue with)  is connected to a WiFi extender...the extender is connected to the router and fully operational...I also have tried rebooting it as well in all my troubleshooting...The “use a different router port” suggestion you made.... can you explain more how to do that or direct me to something that may guide me on doing that correctly? Thanks for your input....

CWC03
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I tried that which was recommended, which still did not fix my issue. Since my problem originated with a power outage I decided I’d try to create another outage and see if that would make a difference. So I went to my breaker box and killed the power, waited about 5 seconds and then cut the breaker back on...After a few minutes, It was working and connected again. Not sure why turning off at breaker worked when unplugging did not, but oh well....it worked!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CWC03

I am glad you got it working, that is a tricky one to explain. Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

CWC03
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will do...hopefully it is good to go now and will have no further issues...Thanks