Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3500 Base Station Troubleshooting. Tried different cables but Internet LED is steady amber.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Krrubeck
Follower
Follower

I have the VMB3500 base station and have been unable to set it up. I have tried different ethernet cables and also spoken to my internet provider to open the specified ports, but the internet light on the base station still is a steady amber and it is undiscoverable. I have tries resetting both the base station and my router (comcast XFI gateway DPC3941T). I had also disabled the XFI advanced security as it kept reporting threats originating from the Arlo system. Through the XFI app it reads the arlo base as "being online", however it cannot seem to reach whatever it is looking for to connect. Any help or input would be appreciated, i have been struggeling with this for quite some time!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that you have a bad base which can be most quickly resolved by swapping at the store. I had a base a while ago that looked like it should be connecting fine but wasn't. Spectrum wasn't the problem - it was the base.

You can also use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they can help.