Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Not being detected even with sensitivity at 100%

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
FabQuadrozzi87
Guide
Guide

Hi Guys I’m a newbie on here but I’ve had my Arlo cameras for 2.5 years and no problems thus far, except the rechargeable battery life... which decreases over time. So I decided to invest in some power cables, made by Lanmu (easy to find on amazon/eBay etc)

However, whether this is coincidental or not, it’s like my app/basestation/cameras have a meltdown.
I always have my sensitivity up to 100% due to having a van with high-value goods inside however since changing to a mains power cable it feels like the cameras at the front and side of my house are very erratic in the fact that sometimes it picks up motion and sometimes it doesn’t but then it will go through a spell of picking up one camera and not the other. I’ve tried all the obvious things in removing the camera from the app and reinstating it to see if it makes a difference but usually if motion is detected at the front of my house, it will then pick it up at the side as the cameras are close together but it doesn’t seem to be doing this any more. I don’t know whether to revert back to batteries and see if it works or whether there is a more sinister problem. I’ve tried all the obvious things in removing the camera from the app and reinstating it to see if it makes a difference but usually if motion is detected at the front of my house, it will then pick it up at the side as the cameras are close together but it doesn’t seem to be doing this anymore. I don’t know whether to revert back to batteries and see if it works or whether there is a more sinister problem. Just looking for a bit of guidance as I’ve never had this before

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Obv, if you think it may be from the power cables, go back to batteries to eliminate that possibility.

It may be some form of interference induced by the power adapters.

And/or... if it's one or two cameras, swap the ones not giving you issue with the trouble ones and see if the issue follows the cameras or not.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
FabQuadrozzi87
Guide
Guide
I’m gonna try it with one of the two and see what happens... strange how it could be a power cable that would cause that.

Was trying to save some time as trying to charge batteries twice a week Is a ball ache to say the least. Will give it a go
Andin5g
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo cameras use two different kinds of motion detection, and both types are inhibited by glass.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno what you mean by both types of detection don't work through glass. MOst of the cameras use PIR sensors that require IR which glass blocks. The Q cameras use pixel change detection which does work through glass.