Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hod913
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the arlo system with 5 cameras was working fine until tuesday night. I tried to turn on cameras and they were offline.

So i went to view the connection and such on the base station and NO lights on the base are on. The unit is plugged in and the white box that is connected to the base has 2 green lights on so it has power for sure.

Please help why is base station not lighting up or connecting. DEAD

17 REPLIES 17
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What LEDs on the base are on or off...you mention no lights and then you say 2 are on ???

The leds on the base from left are;

Power

Internet ( flashes when active )

Cameras sync'ed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Hod913
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the actual base itself NONE. The cord that connects to the base has a white box that plugs in and it shows 2 green lights.

The lights across the bottom of the base will not come on like it has NO power going to it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hod913 wrote:

On the actual base itself NONE. The cord that connects to the base has a white box that plugs in and it shows 2 green lights.

The lights across the bottom of the base will not come on like it has NO power going to it.

Not sure what you mean by "the cord that connects to the base has a white box and shows 2 green lights "

To the best of my knowlwdge ( US versions ) there is only the power adater that plugs into the ac ( no lights ) and the ehternet cable that goes to the router ( no lights )

The fact that no LEDs on the base are lit, leads me to think no power at all... ( not to be foolish , but is the switch on the base on ?)

Hod913
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup all on and I have done a reset of the base. I even went so far as to move locations to a new wall plug in just to make sure power was supplied.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

well your next step is to see if the adapter is putting out power.... ( still don't know what the white box with lights is...)

( is it a replacement adapter for ac ? )

the 3000 base ( and others ) actually runs on 12v dc.. so if you have a muti meter, you should see 12v dc at the coaxial plug ( center negitive ).

Hod913
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will try the meter. Hopeing it is just the cord.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

so, what is the white box and cord ...picture ?

Hod913
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will have to take one. It maybe my range extender now that i think of it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, that may be...makes sense with the leds....

But still sounds like no power from the ac adapter ( or the base is NG )

For info... the power led (most left ) is always green if powered... except it is amber when booting

Hod913
Aspirant
Aspirant

i checked the cord. Using the volt meter and it was reading over 11. here is a pic of the box plugged into my base im pretty sure its range extender.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

thanks and the middle light is out with IIRC means no communication with your home network

but if so all the lights on the Arlo base unit shouldn't be out.

is there an on/off switch and does it have power pass thru?

I would just unplug the power and ethernet and temp move the base to another outlet and test the base... the power light should go amber and then green if ok

Hod913
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did the move to new outlet already, i have tried to reset the base I can not get any of the lights to come on the base at all. But i move the extender with it each time and it lights up no problem so has to be the base.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to verify.... a full reset is to hold in the reset ( paperclip ) for about ten secs till the front base leds all flash amber

Hod913
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes full reset but when i did it NO lights still

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hod913,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. 

JamesC

Hod913
Aspirant
Aspirant

James     tried calling 20 people in que waited for 15 min and barely moved in line  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hod913,

I apologize for the wait. I can see you were able to open a support case on this issue. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

JamesC