Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 can I add Arlo Pro 2 cameras to this system

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Blitzhk45
Follower
Follower

Can I add  arlo pro 2 cameras to my arlo (model vmb3000)  base station and function properly. Currenctly have  3 arlo cameras running with the base, all came as one set. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Blitzhk45

Yes you can - the original Wire Free HD, Pro and Pro 2 cameras will work with either the original base or the Pro base, although you will not be able to use all the features that the Pro 2 cameras offer. My suggestion:

since the Pro base stations are not very expensive, I would purchase one, remove my cameras from the original base station and add them to the new base. That way you can use all the features of the new base, such as siren and backup storage.

Brian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@Blitzhk45

Yes you can - the original Wire Free HD, Pro and Pro 2 cameras will work with either the original base or the Pro base, although you will not be able to use all the features that the Pro 2 cameras offer. My suggestion:

since the Pro base stations are not very expensive, I would purchase one, remove my cameras from the original base station and add them to the new base. That way you can use all the features of the new base, such as siren and backup storage.

Brian