Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

NETGEAR Arlo Smart Security System 5 Wire-Free HD Security Camera, Indoor / Outdoor with Night Visio

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
donv13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased this system in September and 1 camera continues to fail, I changed the batteries and go through the sync process the camera flashes blue but will not sync? VMS3530-100NAS

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just changing the batteries shouldn'require syncing - it should reconnect automatically. Try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync normally.

donv13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the camera in settings and tried to do a normal resync for the past 5 days, will not sync!

steve_t
Master Master
Master

When I've had a camera that won't sync, I've found it's been because of interference from my wifi. I moved my base station a few feet further away from my wifi router and the camera sync'd up immediate. Other people have done the same and had success. Others have restarted their router and had success - I assume there was a 2.4GHz channel change on the router. Do you bring the failing camera close to the base station or do you try to sync while mounted? 

donv13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brought camera with 1-3 feet, tried other cameras and they sync, this one does not?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Did you try moving your base station further away from your router? I'm assuming what you're seeing is a slow blinking blue light on the camera