Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 basestation no longer connecting to H7 cameras after FW release on May 16

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
jcc-arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

H7 cameras are no longer connecting to VMB3010 latest release (Arlo Base Station VMB3010 - 1.16.5.7_1010_e1af04c- 16th May 2021). H11 camera still connects. No improvement after basestation reset or basestation power cycle - H7 still not connected, H11 reconnects as normal. Any suggestions to fix?

12 REPLIES 12
jcc-arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Clarification: problem occurred after latest basestation update on May 16.
Rlocust03
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I have the Arlo Wire free Netgear VMB300 model. It’s not detected by the App for some reason. I’ve got 3 green LED’s on the base station but no detection via the App. Something else to note, while the base station showed an internet connection on the base station, the back of the router showed an amber LED at its connector. How is this possible? Well any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jcc-arlo wrote:

H7 cameras are no longer connecting to VMB3010 latest release (Arlo Base Station VMB3010 - 1.16.5.7_1010_e1af04c- 16th May 2021). H11 camera still connects. No improvement after basestation reset or basestation power cycle - H7 still not connected, H11 reconnects as normal. Any suggestions to fix?

Are you saying that you performed a factory reset? How did you do this? Did you also remove all devices from Settings, My Devices?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rlocust03 wrote:
Hi, I have the Arlo Wire free Netgear VMB300 model. It’s not detected by the App for some reason. I’ve got 3 green LED’s on the base station but no detection via the App. Something else to note, while the base station showed an internet connection on the base station, the back of the router showed an amber LED at its connector. How is this possible? Well any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

With 3 green LEDs, that means the base is already claimed on somebody's account. If it's yours, remove it from Settings, My Devices and hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot to green LEDs for power and internet. Camera LED should be off or amber. Try claiming it again.

jcc-arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I reset using the mobile app reset function. I also power cycled the basestation. I have not removed all devices as the H11 camera works correctly. The H7 cameras all show a blank screen with a rotating circle in the middle. They do not show any of the characteristic screens of not synced or dead battery.
Dholly
Guide
Guide
Same problem but mine are H11 ARLO cameras. My ARLO pro works but that’s it!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jcc-arlo wrote:
I reset using the mobile app reset function. I also power cycled the basestation. I have not removed all devices as the H11 camera works correctly. The H7 cameras all show a blank screen with a rotating circle in the middle. They do not show any of the characteristic screens of not synced or dead battery.

There is no mobile app reset function. There's a reboot which effectively does the same thing as the power cycle you also did and also a remove device selection which would cause you to have to claim the base again as if new. A reset is not the same thing as a reboot.

jcc-arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
You are correct - the mobile app has a restart function, not reset. In any case, neither restart nor power cycling resolves the issue.
Dholly
Guide
Guide
Anyone have any success in getting H7 cameras back online?
Dholly
Guide
Guide
Correction, it is the H7 cameras that aren’t working.,.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing and resyncing a camera to see if that helps.

jcc-arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removing & resyncing all the H7 cameras resolved the problem.

However, since I was away from home when the problem occurred, I was without camera access until I returned. This is another example of the unreliability of this Arlo system - a firmware update pushed out that requires manual resyncing of cameras is poorly thought out . There should be a notification of the potential outage & a means for the customer to defer the update. I have a low opinion of the Arlo system based on my experiences & will not be purchasing one in the future or recommending it to friends. A security camera system must be reliable.