Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 not connecting to my network

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hefcat
Follower
Follower

I have not used my Arlo VMB3000 and 2 Arlo cameras in a few years but am setting up the system again. I removed the base station and both cameras from my account, reset the base station and tried to set up new. When I try to set up the base station it is not being found for some reason, I tried unplugging everything and a hard restart from the unit. 

Any ideas on what I can try to get this working again?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs showing? If the Camera LED is green, it thinks it's already claimed. It seems that you removed everything from your account without the base being plugged in causing this issue. You probably could have just plugged it in and it would have worked but that's moot now. Hold the reset button for >10 seconds until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot and try again.

Feastish
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the exact same issue on the same day.

I logged in from my laptop (you shouldn't have to, but the timeout messages are more robust vs. the APP)

The timeout message gave more specific direction:

Factory Reset

Hold the pinhole reset button for 10 seconds until all LEDs flash amber.

From there, the base station will be recognized again, and you can pair the cameras per the normal instructions....

Two feet away, hold the sync on the base,  then hold the sync on the camera, wait til blue stops blinking.... etc.