Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mistletoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hope someone can help.

My base station went offline (arlo door bell still works) and now I can't get it back online. I've tried doing a factory reset but this hasn't helped. The green light is on so I know I have internet connection. 

20 REPLIES 20
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We need to know what all the LEDs are showing. When you reset the base, did you hold the button until the LEDs flashed amber? If so, you need to remove the base and any connected devices from your account so you can start fresh, as if you just bought the system. The doorbell can't connect to your base (the base doesn't support that) so that doesn't matter.

Mistletoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

as you can see from the picture below I have 2 orange lights and yes when I reset the base I waited until it started to flash. I've also turned the base station off several times.

IMG_20230517_164405[25].jpg

Mistletoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_20230518_152847.jpg

 it also comes up with this as well

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If the cameras are still in the account, the next steps are to

• remove them from the account
  • charge up the batteries
  • add them back

You can add the cameras by

1. Pressing the sync button on the base quickly (do not hold)
  2. then one or two seconds later press the sync button on the camera 

If it fails to sync

1. open the battery door
  2. remove the battery
  3. replace it to restart the camera

Wait about 30 seconds before you press the base sync button again 

Mistletoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only device that is registered is the Arlo door camera and I know that isn't associated to the base station.

Mistletoe_0-1684495592829.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mistletoe wrote:

The only device that is registered is the Arlo door camera and I know that isn't associated to the base station.

Have you tried adding the base to your account with "add device"?

Try from a PC (my.arlo.com) if the app doesn't find it.

Mistletoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I've tried from both my Phone and laptop and I still get the same results 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The two pictures show different things. One shows that the Internet LED is amber while the other shows it to be green. If the Internet LED is amber the base is not communicating with the servers. That usually means something about the router or ISP is blocking access. Can you achieve a constant green Internet LED at all times?

Mistletoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok so I've gone into my router and although its wired its showing as disconnected (even though the green light on the base station is on. Any suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by rebooting the router and the base, in that order. Let the router fully reboot before turning the base back on. There have been issues with the order of rebooting in the past so this may help.

Mistletoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you and I will try that later as I'm currently working and need the internet. I will let you know how I get on

Mistletoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok so the latest is this. Turned off main router and Arlo Base station. Turned on Router and it can now see that base station and is showing as connected. However, when I try to set up the base station it's still saying it cannot be found.

I've also tried doing a factory reset and tried the set up via my phone and laptop without any success. 

The middle green light does flicker occasional so I'm not sure if that is normal or not

Mistletoe_0-1684506267409.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mistletoe wrote:

The middle green light does flicker occasional so I'm not sure if that is normal or not

That is normal, so not a concern.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you verify that the base is no longer listed in your account in Settings, My Devices? If so, try resetting the base again by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let it boot again and then try adding it into your account via Add Device and choosing the base station section.

Mistletoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hiya

I can confirm my base station isn't registered on my account and I've rebooted it at least 10 times. 

Totally fraustrated now 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mistletoe wrote:

I've rebooted it at least 10 times. 

Rebooted?  Or reset?  (they aren't the same thing).

Mistletoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both 🙂 

cjharlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you managed to find a fix?

Had exactly the same problem, and i have tried everything like you have. This has been working for over 5 years now without a single problem and last week our new door bell stopped working and when i was attempting all the trouble shooting suggestions i read to remove everything from my devices, which i did ... now i simply cannot use it. Very frustrating. 

Thanks 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The original post was about the VMB3xxx base but the Arlo doorbell can't connect to that. That means you have a newer model - which one? What do the LED(s) show on the base? Exactly what have you tried and what do you see? Have you reset the base by holding the reset button until the LED(s) flash amber?

Mistletoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have spoken to Arlo technical support and they have informed me that the base station is faulty and that as its out of warranty there is nothing the can do 😞