Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3000 Safari won't open

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
madlibrarian9
Follower
Follower

I'm trying to view my camera on my Mac mini, OS X 10.7.5., using Safari. I clink on the link and get an error message, "Safari cannot establish a secure connection with netgear..." I've tried resetting Safari. I've had this issue with other apps. No problem with the camera/reciever itself. I can view it on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.9.5), just fine.

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

madlibrarian9,

Do you see this issue when using other browsers, such as Chrome or Firefox?

JamesC

parmitage
Tutor
Tutor

I just started having this problem as well, seemingly out of the blue. MacBook Pro OS 10.7.5 running Safari.  No problem accessing using Firefox.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this issue for further investigation. I will post back once I have more information.

Thank you for the feedback,

JamesC

retiredagain
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's over a year later and you're still not support Safari! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

retiredagain,

Are you able to use other browsers such as Chrome or Firefox? Do you see any issues when using these browsers?

JamesC

bradrandi
Aspirant
Aspirant

When will Arlo start supporting Safari...  I dont want Firefox or anyother browers.

If they cant get this together then , I'm just going to take it back - It not worth with if the company can support there users!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's an Apple/Netgear decision.  Apple doesn't support Flash, Netgear still uses it.  That may change but you can't count on it.  Right now your choice is use a browser that supports Flash or use the app.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm still waiting for the move from flash too and not just due to apple... Big hd lcd tv with xbox one ( win 10 similar ) but  only see the stills as the box says it needs a new version of flash.

Wouldn't that be great, watching a Q on the big screen  🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------