Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB 3500 connectivity with arris

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rainiraq2006
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having difficulty with connecting base station to Arris model DG1670A. Arlo supprt stated ports 80, 123, 443 are closed and to contact internet provider to open them. Provider stated that they cannot open them and suggested googling you-tube vidoes for assistance. Ive tried several of them to no avail, please help thank you.

Macbbok air, Arris model DG16707, NET GEAR Model VMB3500 with 4 cameras, purchased yeterday.

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@rainiraq2006

I am not a modem/router expert so I googled your model. It appears that this model has a firewall that is blocking these ports. You must use port forwarding in the settings to open them. Looks complicated. If this is a modem/router proveded by your isp, I would go out a purchase my own. Although I was not having any problems with the Arris that my isp provided me, I looked up which units would work with my internet plan and purchased my own router.

Brian

rainiraq2006
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes there is a firewall on the modem, I’ve tried several of the videos to open the ports but have been unsuccessful. Contacted ARLO support again, they recommend pushing the rest button , or trying a different Ethernet cable both of which failed,. As soon as the retail opens up I’m getting a full refund. Unless someone can guide me through opening the ports correctly,.

Thank you
brh
Master
Master

@rainiraq2006

Who is your isp and what are your internet upload/download speeds?

I am using the Netgear CM1000 with Spectrum, 400/24 speed. Works great, setup took very little time, but when it first came out I had to go to second level support with Spectrum as few of the technicians knew about that router. It should be quite common now, though.

Brian

rainiraq2006
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Cable One, how can I check my up/down load speed?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use speedtest.net. Post the results here.

What are the LEDs on the base showing? Power and Internet have to be green. Who owns the modem/router - you or the ISP? You might want to consider getting a separate modem from the ISP and buying your own router so you have control over your own network rather than relying on the ISP. If that's not possible for any reason, the ISP has to work with you if it's their equipment.