Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VM3130 Cannot discover device

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
garygilster
Follower
Follower

Base station is plugged in and connected to the same hub as this computer. The screen tries to discover the device and after awhile it goest back to the screen that says start setup.  The lights on the base station are green for all three, device, network, camera.   The lights on the Hub for the basestation blink light the ones for the other devices plugged in to that hub.

Can you give me something else to try?

Gary 

26 REPLIES 26
liskranch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok thanks. I was wondering if maybe I need a better router, the one we have I believe is the smallest one netgear makes
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Very unlikely that the router is the issue since the wireless cameras use Ethernet to converse with the servers.  Try restarting the router and base to see if that helps.  Also, it may be useful to reset both the base and router using their respective reset buttons until the LEDs start blinking.  Perhaps something in one (or both) of the configurations as it stands is a problem.  If you do reset and you've made any changes to either device, make sure you know what changes have to be restored although any security settings should remain at the default until things are working.