Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
garygilster
Follower
Follower

Base station is plugged in and connected to the same hub as this computer. The screen tries to discover the device and after awhile it goest back to the screen that says start setup.  The lights on the base station are green for all three, device, network, camera.   The lights on the Hub for the basestation blink light the ones for the other devices plugged in to that hub.

Can you give me something else to try?

Gary 

26 REPLIES 26
AP1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an issue with a 2 camera set up. The second camera will not sync on set up. It blinks orange then blue then turns off. Is there a firmware update, is it an issue with the camera or the basestation? I suppose I will have to return it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

garygilster wrote:

Base station is plugged in and connected to the same hub as this computer. The screen tries to discover the device and after awhile it goest back to the screen that says start setup.  The lights on the base station are green for all three, device, network, camera.   The lights on the Hub for the basestation blink light the ones for the other devices plugged in to that hub.

Can you give me something else to try?

Gary 

Try a factory reset first, using only the reset button on the base.  Open and close the camera battery doors and resync.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AP1 wrote:

I have an issue with a 2 camera set up. The second camera will not sync on set up. It blinks orange then blue then turns off. Is there a firmware update, is it an issue with the camera or the basestation? I suppose I will have to return it?

A slow blinking amber LED indicates low batteries while alternating amber and blue indicates a firmware update is occuring. Have you tried new batteries (swap with the other camera)? If you opened the battery door while a firmware update was occuring it could be an issue.  There's a USB reset process that can be used but it may be simpler to swap the system for another at the store.

AP1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Thanks for the reply. The amber lights blink quickly. I have done numerous resets and its only this second camera that drops out or will not sync. Its only 3 metres from the router with no obstructions.

I will try the full reset when I get home and let you know.

Regards

AP1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I will do this and report back

Regards

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like the camera is the issue and a trouble ticket will likely be needed.

AP1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I got around to following the reboot instructions. I unplugged the base station, then removed the batteries from the cameras. Then I plugged the base station back in. I left the cameras without the batteries installed. I then reset the base station using the reset button. Once I had done that, I installed the batteries in camera 1 and synced it. I then did the same process on camera 2.

Happy to say they are both working. However; camera 2 often takes longer to activate using the "Live" button on the screen. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Glad the reset helped.  The slow live view may be related to signal strength.  By any chance is this camera the one that's furthest away from the base or has the most walls, etc. between them?

um_chili
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

I inherited a VMB3000 and have also had trouble getting my computer to discover it, though it's got power and is running on the same network. I'd like to try the factory reset, which I understand to require pressing the sync and reset buttons at the same time. I see the triangular sync button on the right of the unit, but can't find the reset button on the back. Thanks for any help with this novice question. 

um_chili
Tutor
Tutor

One more note: the two bars on the left are solid green, but the middle one is blinking amber, if that helps explain the startup issue. Thanks--

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The factory reset is performed only using the reset button now. It's in the tiny hole next to the power button. Press it until the LEDs flash amber. Try adding it again, using the Add Device button on the Cameras tab. Any luck?

um_chili
Tutor
Tutor

That worked great. Thanks mucho for the quick response. Now I'm having a hell of a time getting the cameras to sync up. Two of them blink blue but won't recognize the QR code. The other one blinks amber. I understand amber to mean it's not recognizing the network, but I got nothin' on the QR code issue. The blue light just blinks--no chime--until it eventually goes amber and then blank. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's because you selected the Q camera. Select the wireless camera, press the sync button on the base for about 2 seconds. When the LED is blinking, press the sync button on the camera. There is no QR code for the wireless cameras.

um_chili
Tutor
Tutor

Right, rookie mistake by me. OK, so I selected the right camera as you suggested and it still doesn't seem to be syncing. Here's what happens: I press Sync on the base station; I then press Sync on the camera; the camera blinks blue for ten seconds as it should, but then flashes amber quickly right afterward. Then when I look online to see the status of my account, no cameras are added. Any sense of why this might be happening? Thanks again for the help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How long are you pressing the sync button on the base?  Too long and it causes the base to enter a different mode.  If it's only a brief push, I'd suggest removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and use the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber to factory reset.  Add the base back in using Add Device on the Cameras tab and try resyncing.  The cameras should flash slow blue for many seconds and then fast blue to indicate sync.  If amber flashes after the blue, the sync failed.

um_chili
Tutor
Tutor

OK, so I've done the following:

--Powercycled the base station

--Restarted the base station

--Removed the base station as suggeseted by going to Settings and My Devices

--Confirmed that I'm not pressing Sync on the base station for too long (just long enough for the middle button to start flashing)

What I keep getting from the cameras is always the same: after pressing Sync on the base station, I then press Sync on one of the three cameras. It flashes blue slowly for about ten seconds, then rapidly flashes amber, which I understand to mean that the sync failed.

Not quite sure where to go from here; could the problem be low batteries in the cameras? Is there a way to reset the cameras as well? 

Again, thanks for the helpful info. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Low batteries can always be an issue. Step 1 in troubleshooting a camera is to use fresh batteries. 

The only reset of a wireless is to open and close the battery door.

um_chili
Tutor
Tutor

Dude, finally had a chance to get back to this and that fix worked. I needed to open and close the battery compartments to reset all the cameras. Two of them are online and working great. One needs new batteries. One is too far from the modem to support a signal but I can handle that. Thanks for all the help!

liskranch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue, computer nor iPhone will discover the base??? Have turned off firewalls, done resets on everything still can't find base..... Help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base LEDs showing?

liskranch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Both are green
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a reset using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Is the base discovered then?

liskranch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have still won't connect
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may be able to return the system to the store to swap for another.  If not, use the Support link above to create a trouble ticket for help and a possible RMA.