Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

I am trying to add old general Netgear e-mail account to my five/5-days old Netgear Arlo account's Friends list. However, its e-mailed invitation link does not let me sign up (session expired error) with that old general Netgear e-mail account or log in (account does not exist -- I assume I need to sign up for Arlo account to connect to my old general Netgear account?). Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Ant,

I believe this to be the case. Anytime you send a friend request, the receiving party will have to create an Arlo account (if they don’t already have one) to view and down load any videos. After creating an account the receiving party will need to validate their email address. I think in your case you will need to create an Arlo account to for the old email address. Then log in to that account and validate the e mail address. After that, you should be good to go.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

David_NG wrote:

Hello Ant,

I believe this to be the case. Anytime you send a friend request, the receiving party will have to create an Arlo account (if they don’t already have one) to view and down load any videos. After creating an account the receiving party will need to validate their email address. I think in your case you will need to create an Arlo account to for the old email address. Then log in to that account and validate the e mail address. After that, you should be good to go.

Hmm, I wonder why I got session expired error then. I also found out that there are multiple Netgear web sites and forums using that and not all integrated together at this time. Oh well, I will not use that address for now.