Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Blinking orange light on the base station?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

I cannot seem to find this answer, but why does sometimes my Arlo's base station show a blinking orange light under its wireless camera logo? Is it because of weak wireless network connection? I can see all four/4 cameras just fine though.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sounds like you have an update for the cameras...

can you get at one easily? If so, open the battery door for a few seconds then close. As the camera comes back it should update cam sw.

new software for camera is currently 1.12074

check yours from the SETTINGS, CAMERA SETTINGS, pick camera , look at bottom of page for version

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

sounds like you have an update for the cameras...

can you get at one easily? If so, open the battery door for a few seconds then close. As the camera comes back it should update cam sw.

new software for camera is currently 1.12074

check yours from the SETTINGS, CAMERA SETTINGS, pick camera , look at bottom of page for version

Doesn't the cameras automatically update by themselves if there are updates? It will be a pain in the arse to go up to get the mounted cameras, do the batteries, wait, readjust them, etc. Is there a way to reboot the cameras remotely manually at least? I see these blinking orange lights almost daily!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) did you check you cam versions ?  to verify thats the problem?

2) you can try an RESTART the base station ( make sure auto updae is toggled on ) form the BASE station settings...

they made auto update when it restarts

The other method is to force an update.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

1) did you check you cam versions ?  to verify thats the problem?

2) you can try an RESTART the base station ( make sure auto updae is toggled on ) form the BASE station settings...

they made auto update when it restarts

The other method is to force an update.

All four/4 cameras showed their "FW Version" at v1.1.2074. Doesn't power off and on the base station's power button count as a restart? Or do I have to do it through the web site?

FYI, it was green static light and now it is orange again. It comes and goes. :(1/One camera has a green wifi bar, other camera shows two wifi green bars, and the rest are full. It is interesting that they all work.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your camera sw is up to date...

the cam light flashes when the sync button is pushed also.

Yes, you can power off from the switch too.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

Your camera sw is up to date...

the cam light flashes when the sync button is pushed also.

Yes, you can power off from the switch too.

Hmmm, who is pressing them? A bird (not Arlo's logo :P)? Is there a way to see which camera is causing this blinking orange light?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I cannot seem to find this answer, but why does sometimes my Arlo's base station show a blinking orange light under its wireless camera logo? Is it because of weak wireless network connection? I can see all four/4 cameras just fine though.

Went back and read your original statement...

It may be just that... the base is detecting a less than optimum wifi connection to the camera.      ( even tho all are working )

Check the signal levels for each camera.... rotating the base a small amount at a time to aid in getting a better signal in one direction ( the weak one ) may help.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

Went back and read your original statement...

It may be just that... the base is detecting a less than optimum wifi connection to the camera.      ( even tho all are working )

Check the signal levels for each camera.... rotating the base a small amount at a time to aid in getting a better signal in one direction ( the weak one ) may help.

Thanks. I guess some of those cameras are too far to make the orange light blink once in a while. The place is huge.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

FYI. It looks like I am going to have to fix this weak signal issue since the orange light has been blinking almost a day. 😞

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As long as the cameras are working like you said, leave it..... try and rotate the base a bit, not sure if the antenna in the base is a little directional.

flashing led ; its just a notice that you may be at your limits...check wifi meter on cameras too.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

As long as the cameras are working like you said, leave it..... try and rotate the base a bit, not sure if the antenna in the base is a little directional.

flashing led ; its just a notice that you may be at your limits...check wifi meter on cameras too.

Yeah, they all work as of a few minutes ago too. I just noticed the blinking orange light stopped after testing them.