Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
iSage
Luminary
Luminary

I have 3 ARLO Wireless cams, and 2 ARLO Q's.

I just updated the Arlo App (to version 2.4.7, dated March 7, 2018), on thankfully only one of my 3 iOS devices (my Apple iPad), because unless I know a new version works on one device, I wait to upgrade on my other devices.
  Can NOT view LIVE on any of my 3 ARLO wireless cams!  The little cog wheel spins when I click the LIVE button, and then the icons appear across the bottom and the little man icon gets greyed out as usual, but NO LIVE viewing!  My husband and I stood like fools testing each wireless cam, dancing around and waving, and NOTHING!!!
   It works on my desktop/Windows browser if I view live there, but not on the updated app at all! (the ARLO Q's are working live, just not on any of the wireless cams.
 - I restarted the base station, to no avail.

- I restarted my iPad, to no avail.
 - I then uninstalled the app on my iPad and re-downloaded/re-reinstalled it on my iPad, to no avail.  It's only working on my 2 iPhones because I didn't update their apps!
   Besides not being able to view LIVE with this new app version, if I tried to enlarge the screen, it goes totally black!!!!

Help please!  TIA.

~Susan

123 REPLIES 123
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC. One other app bug I have noticed running with IOS 10.3..3 is "locked up" audio. Have noticed when live streaming does not work first attempt I will try a second time and when it works the audio will not shut off by ending live streaming. Only way to shut down audio feed is to close the app. Any update on ETA for app fix!
parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

FYI, my complaint to the Better Business Bureau was accepted by the BBB and forwarded to Netgear. Part of the process of the complaint is to review Netgears response and either agree or disagree with thier response. Netgears response was exactly as I expected. They said they would inform the engineering dept and I was asked to give them a time that they could call, but they did not mention as to how or who I call to give that info. Other than that I was givin a ph # for customer support and you all know how that goes. Same old runaround. So..... they still are'nt acknowledging that they have a problem and we the customer have very expensive security systems that will not let us view the live feed along with other bugs that came with their last update 2.4.7. So, I did not accept netgears response and The BBB will forward my decision too them. I will post when I recieve more info.  

lorip
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem! This is rediculous. Netgear get your crap together!

Thomasina4
Initiate
Initiate

live stream not working on my mini iPad now. Approx 1-2 weeks. Works on pc and android phone but not iPad . Was working fine then all f a sudden it's not. Have tried restarting base re-syncing cameras removing batteries and putting back, talked to 2 Arlo techs , all to no avail. And if I try to enlarge the picture it goes black,because it is not live streaming. No problem with phone or pc,just iPad. What ever they (Arlo people) did I sure do wish they would fix. Oh yes, I even uninstalled the Arlo app and reinstalled it. No go.

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo??

As I'm having an issue with livestream as well, interested in a timely response . . . .

We are talking 'security' cameras here.  'Timely' is the key word . . . .

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Somehow the subject name of this forum was changed on the two previous posts. I have put it back to the origional subject "Re: Updated iOS App (2.4.7), killed my LIVE Streaming! so as not to confuse those who are following this thread.

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@parsrgood. Thanks for blazing path with BBB. Engineering's inbox should be full at this stage given how many times they have been informed of the problem! Just amazed they don't at least communicate they are actively working the issue.
Jeg
Tutor
Tutor

parsrgood, thanks for your efforts with BBB. 

Sweet1211
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi everyone. I just noticed that there is now a new Arlo update version 2.4.8 on IOS for our iPhones. I got really excited thinking this new updated version will fix all of our problems. But before I go ahead and update it, I would like feedback from everyone else if anyone has done this update. I am afraid to update it and it only makes it worse or it could magically fix the problem. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!!
Sweet1211
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh and I meant to add that I am using iOS version 10.3.3 on an iPhone 6s. I am hoping and praying that the 2.4.8 version will fix our live streaming problem. I'm not going to update until I hear back from you all. I just think it's strange that they came out with a new update awfully fast. I wonder if engineering finally got to it. If someone else did this new update, please let us know how it is.
Jeg
Tutor
Tutor

I updated to 2.4.8 this morning on iPad running IOS 9.2. Have not had time to test much but ability to live stream does seem to work. On one attempt I clicked the live button and got live video and audio and after tapping the stop button the live video stopped but audio continued until I closed the app. That only happened once. I will test more tonight or this weekend. 

iSage
Luminary
Luminary

@Sweet1211wrote:
Oh and I meant to add that I am using iOS version 10.3.3 on an iPhone 6s. I am hoping and praying that the 2.4.8 version will fix our live streaming problem. I'm not going to update until I hear back from you all. I just think it's strange that they came out with a new update awfully fast. I wonder if engineering finally got to it. If someone else did this new update, please let us know how it is.

------------------

I started this thread 3 weeks ago after iOS app version 2.4.7 killed the LIVE Streaming on my iPad (running iOS 10.3.3).

But I am happy to report that this new updated app version 2.4.8 released on 3/2918, works!  I finally have LIVE streaming back on my iPAD, though I'm a bit gun-shy at the moment and still have not updated mine or my husband's iPhone 6s - they are both still running an older app version (2.4.6).

-Susan

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just updated to 2.4.8. on my iPad 4 and iPhone 6s. All is good. Hate that it had to go as far as taking it to the BBB. We're good for now.

ExCopStig
Guide
Guide
FINALLY!!!
I just took the gamble and updated to the new release.... Live streaming has returned and all finally seems well. Great work everyone for hounding ARLO / NetGear with complaints pushing for this resolution.
All the best
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a new version of the iOS Arlo Mobile app available in the app store.  Please make sure your Arlo Mobile app is updated to the latest version and let us know if you continue to experience any issues.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.8 - 30th March 2018

JamesC

MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the update..
The app update 2.4.8 fix my liveview on my iPhone6s running IOS 10.3.3👍😄..I'm going to leave my old iPhone6 on the older app version of 2.4.6--
One thing the newer app version 2.4.8 DID NOT FIX is me getting email notifications when camera's detect motion..I had to change the email I was using to another email address for me to start getting email notifications again..That is a PAIN because I have to go into all 5 of my cams and all my different MODES and change to the new email address..👎🙁..
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC. Thanks for your help getting new release out. Spent some time in app and everything now working consistently. Only bug that occasionally happens is the audio feed does not shut off when I exit live streaming. When I exit the app it does turn off. Only happens maybe one in ten times or so. Again thanks for listening and helping resolve the issue.
paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
@MarkH123. Hi Mark. Also running iOS 10.3.3 on iPhone 6s. Have 10 cams mix of arlo pro and q's. Pushing emails to three different email addresses without issue with prior 2.4.7 or 2.4.8 release. Did this problem start specifically with the March release of 2.4.7?
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
YES this started happen after the app update of 2.4.7...
Sweet1211
Aspirant
Aspirant
Finally, after a month, 2.4.8 upgrade works and I now have live streaming again! Thank you Arlo for finally fixing the issue and thanks to everyone that kept reaching out until they finally solved it. Hopefully we are all good to go now!
ExCopStig
Guide
Guide
Anyone updated to the newest 2.4.9? I'm reluctant to do it now what with recent events...?
Any reason for update? Worth updating? Don't bother? lol
iSage
Luminary
Luminary

@ExCopStig wrote:
Anyone updated to the newest 2.4.9? I'm reluctant to do it now what with recent events...?
Any reason for update? Worth updating? Don't bother? lol

Hi @ExCopStig ,

After the debacle with 2.4.7, which took 3 weeks to fix with version 2.4.8, I'm not updating to 2.4.9 either! LOL. It ain't broke, so I'm not fixin' it 🙂

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
Updated to 2.4.9 on iPhone 6s running on 10.3..3. Left other devices alone. So far so good!
Sweet1211
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi everyone! I just read that Arlo is going to have another system upgrade tomorrow. Hoping that they don't mess up our live stream again! If anyone has any issues after the upgrade tomorrow, please post here and share. After everything we put Arlo through the first time, hopefully they know better not to do it again!