Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Peterhaz
Tutor
Tutor

Cameras are now 1 month old. Batteries in one of the 3 showed 90% at first instal and showed 2% after 1 week. Second camera has now drained to 2%. That would be OK under maybe normal usage, but after the first drained so quickly, I turned two cameras off for past 2 weeks, and the one still drained. The camera I left on and actually records the most is currently showing 86%. It was 98% when installed.

Very strange..............but any reasons would be appreciated.

With all the above, I am researching rechargables and believe the Olight should be OK. However, someone did suggest that because these are peotected and slightly longer than the non rechargable, they may not fit the cameras. Any comments/recommendations?

Thanks PeterH

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master
Peterhaz
Tutor
Tutor

From some of the previous posts believed they are not avialbale in Australia, but thanks for the advice, I will research further.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh right. Didn't know you were there. I bought some Ultrafire 880mAh 3.7V batteries and a Nitecore D4 charger and they're great. Got the charger from eBay but the batteries had to be sourced locally due to customs. Not sure how it works in Oz with batteries being shipped from overseas. Also gotta be careful about fakes as they are everywhere

Peterhaz
Tutor
Tutor

I looked through the Arlo site for contact details and had a problem negotiating to get a case filed by email. I have now done that and have a Case file no., so hopefully there may be a suitable answer come from Arlo/Netgear.

Thanks

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Peterhaz wrote:

With all the above, I am researching rechargables and believe the Olight should be OK. However, someone did suggest that because these are peotected and slightly longer than the non rechargable, they may not fit the cameras. Any comments/recommendations?

Thanks PeterH

Olights ; https://www.amazon.com/Olight-Lithium-ion-Rechargeable-Batteries-Flashlights/dp/B00YRX8PEY/ref=sr_1_...

specs are below... can you mic out the oems and see if they will fit... some were using them a while back but Manf's allow a +/- in size and still be called the same cell #

Voltage: 3.7v (4.2v when fully charged)
Capacity: 650mAh (discharged at 0.2C)
Size: 16mm x 34.5mm (+/-0.2mm)
Current Over-flow protection: 10A
Weight 28g

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------