Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Offline in Android App

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cristaS
Initiate
Initiate

I have had an Arlo system with one camera for about a year and recently expanded to four cameras and two base stations.  The cameras on one of the base stations always show that they're offline in the Android app, even though I get activity recorded from them and notifications sent.  On my laptop I can usually access the live view, but not on the android app.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no change.  It's frustrating because I can't access live view on my phone for these two cameras.  Occasionally the other two cameras on the other base station also show offline status on the app, but they will correct eventually.  It's not on the camera end--they are working properly--it's definitely something with the app.  I've seen earlier posts on similar issues and comments that said this issue has been resolved, but clearly it hasn't.  

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sometimes my android app with say everything's offline and I force close the app and open it again and it's back to normal so I don't think it's the system going down but a problem with the app receiving the signal that the system is functioning normally, as you said