Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Uninstalling Arlo's iOS app doesn't remove my login datas?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I uninstalled Arlo's iOS app without logging out, redownloaded, and reinstalled it in my iPhone 6+ (iOS v12.5.4). After I launched it, it still remembered my login. Is that supposed to happen?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I uninstalled Arlo's iOS app without logging out, redownloaded, and reinstalled it in my iPhone 6+ (iOS v12.5.4). After I launched it, it still remembered my login. Is that supposed to happen? I only use the password and not the finger login.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

Mark-V
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ant ,

I would need to verify to be 100% certain, but I'm fairly confident that the saved login information is saved in your Apple Account. Any device you use that is tied to your Apple account would have the saved password information to use. The app itself does not store the login information.

I do know for certain that is how Google/Android accounts work when it comes to the login information.

Thank you,

Mark V

L3 Tech

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Mark-V: I don't see it in my Apple account. Also, I don't use iCloud (only have Find my Phone and Drive enabled), Keychain, AutoFill Passwords, etc. Is there anywhere else I missed? I also noticed if I log out of the app before uninstalling and reinstalling, then it won't remember.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @ant

We are looking in to this report and I will provide an update as soon as possible.

Thank you

ant
Mentor
Mentor

ShayneS: Thanks. 🙂

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ant

I spoke with the development team regarding this concern. This behavior you are experiencing is as designed by Apple. This is expected on iOS, the information is stored in secured and encrypted containers. The data Is not shared across devices within the same iCloud account because it's stored on the device locally and it could be transferred to another device only by restoring the device and starting from a backup file. As a side note, If you would like the data to be removed you would have to factory reset the device. This would wipe all information including your login info. This would be more so if you were selling/trading the device which we would all perform a factory reset anyway. 

ant
Mentor
Mentor

ShayneS: Thanks and interesting.  So, there's no way to remove ONLY Arlo datas. 😞