Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to subscribe, change plan, change billing or view library

Discussion stats
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

We signed up for the subscription and put in our credit card number and all. The 'trial' ended yesterday and now we cannot access our system--the library and cameras. It says its unavailable. 

what do I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue has been resolved and everything is now operational.

You can always check the status of Arlo systems by visiting: https://status.arlo.com. We appreciate your patience and understanding as our team worked to resolve this issue.

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

This issue has been resolved and everything is now operational.

You can always check the status of Arlo systems by visiting: https://status.arlo.com. We appreciate your patience and understanding as our team worked to resolve this issue.

• JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo DevOps team is investigating an issue where some customers are not able to claim, subscribe, change plan, change billing or view library. We apologize for this inconvenience and are working on resolving this issue.

-Arlo Team

34 REPLIES 34
PRNLEIA
Aspirant
Aspirant
Rpsmith3
Initiate
Initiate

is anyone else having issues this morning?

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

As of 11/30/21, I am unable to view library and there is an orange line at the top of page that I have to click on for it to disappear.  I understand we do not have support any longer therefore, can anyone help?

Ixnarple
Guide
Guide

ksss11,

It may not be a problem with your subscription.  Considering when you posted your note...  I am having the same issue this morning here in central Kentucky, as is a friend with a similar Arlo system in North Texas.  Seems to be wide spread.  Our troubles include several different error messages at times, other attempts result in no error msg, only a blank screen.  Sometimes the individual videos show up as a thumbnail, but when we click on the thumbnail, the result is a blank page.  Other times the thumbnails don't even show up.

This is a brand-new problem just encountered this morning, and although Arlo's "Status" page ( https://status.arlo.com/ ) shows no issues this morning...  clearly there is something going on...

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

It was working for me earlier this morning but now I'm getting the exact same thing.  

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I also received an error message about not having a subscription.  I have had this camera for 2 years so have never had one.  I hope they get this fixed now that we don't have any support any longer.

SleepyCandleMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. I think it may be an issue with Arlo themselves. I cannot access my library in app or in web.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you all for your response.  I am glad it isn't only mine.  

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

Agreed.  I checked my subscription and the latest payment is being processed today.  I think Arlo might be having issues with their subscription server.

touchwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I'm having trouble with my secure plan. I have had the plan for one week since the free trial and everything was ok up till today now all the recorded video are gone and there is no direct way to contact support. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Ixnarple
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue this morning here in central Kentucky, as is a friend with a similar Arlo system in North Texas.  Seems to be wide spread.  Our troubles include several different error messages at times, other attempts result in no error msg, only a blank screen.  Sometimes the individual videos show up as a thumbnail, but when we click on the thumbnail, the result is a blank page.  Other times the thumbnails don't even show up.

This is a brand-new problem just encountered this morning, and although Arlo's "Status" page ( https://status.arlo.com/ ) shows no issues this morning...  clearly there is something going on...

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks. I guess we wait. I kept getting a msg for when the trial ended to confirm my subscription but when I went to the sub. page everything was set up so I didn't know if it was something messed up.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Also on the settings page--the subscription and other categories are greyed out like they aren't available, so I cannot even check to see if my subscription is set up or anything.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Working here. Have you tried both the app and web client? For the phone, try rebooting it and maybe reinstalling the app.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Clearly, I hope someone can report this to Arlo.  Without a subscription, live support is no longer available.  

Ixnarple
Guide
Guide

ksss11,

I, too, have a paid up subscription, but also have one newly added camera with the free 3-month.  The free 3-month free period is not due to end until 12/9...  My friend in Texas has a paid up subscription with no newly added cameras and no overlying free period.  She is just on her paid subscription.  So it doesn't really look like it has to do with rotating from a free period onto a paid subscription.  I've been all over the Arlo site this morning searching for somewhere to "report" an issue.  Have had brief "chats" with several robots to no avail.  This is a brand new Arlo glitch for us.  She has had her cameras for maybe 5 years...  I have had mine for 4-ish.  While Arlo has it's many & varied hiccups, this is a brand new one.  And a great big one.

Rpsmith3
Initiate
Initiate

Tried everything you suggested. Waiting on support to fix the issue.

Vickmia
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is anyone have issues with accessing subscription? It seems like it’s not working?
steel2081
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here this morning.  Nothing is working correctly.  Cameras keep going offline, no access to library and subscription is not showing up.  Contacted support and they said that "We are currently investigating this issue and will fix it and update you as soon as possible."

Hopefully they will fix it soon!

nfusselman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here in Idaho.  Paid subscription, well outside of the trial period, but unable to view recordings or my subscription information.  Depending on where I attempt to look, the result is different.  Sometimes it states "invalid response from subscription/payment server" and sometimes it says I don't have any recordings, but I know I do.  I have also tried to report the issue, but get a message stating I don't have a subscription so I don't have access to live assistance.  

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I keep trying to view the library, but this time I received this message.  Invalid response from subscription/payment server.  I also tried to reach out to the Arlo support, however, the chat feature is a bot and does not help or put your through to a live agent.  So sad they took that away!  I just closed a case number due to Chrome working correctly in viewing the library.  Now this!!  Very frustrating.

EmilieFR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, library keeps disappearing and cannot play when I can see recordings

Really disappointed as I am a brand new user

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription? The trial runs out after 90 days. Check Settings, Subscription. These cameras require a sub for cloud recordings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To contact support, use the app and go to Settings, Support. Since you have a subscription you can get that support.

As for missing videos, is there a filter set in the library? Have you tried the web client? It might be worth rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.