Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo notifications for sound on android phone are not working

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ldj43
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have six Arlo Pro camera and two doorbell with VMB4000.

My problem is randomly push notification didn't make notification sound. sometime works fine with sound but most time didn't make sound.

I tested one iphone and three android phone. The iphone works perfect but three android phones have same problem. funny thing, three android phone have notification sound problem different time. I tried everything but nothing changed. This problem was started couple years ago(after smart features update). I thought it's android app problem with smart features and it would be fix soon and I waited fixed this problem. However, this problem getting worse.

I thought this problem has between android app and my arlo pro system.

So, I bought two set of three Arlo Pro2 with VMB4500 system last week. However, it has same problem. It didn't make notification sound most time on android phone. I think 20~30% times make notification sound but most time didn't make notification sound.

I saw similar problem on Arlo community but that's not solved.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-3/Arlo-ntofication-sounds-stop-on-Android/m-p/1811870#M7545

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Notification-Troubles/m-p/1599595#M40205

I think I should return Arlo pro 2 system if it cannot solve.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you getting the notifications, but just not the sound?

Or is the problem that you aren't getting the notifications at all?

ldj43
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ldj43 wrote:

I get notification. Just no sound.

That is more likely to be a phone issue.  What phone are you using?

ldj43
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tested on LG Velvet 5G(Android 11), Samsung Galaxy S8(Android 9) and Samsung A5 2017(Android 8).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ldj43 wrote:

I tested on LG Velvet 5G(Android 11), Samsung Galaxy S8(Android 9) and Samsung A5 2017(Android 8).

I have seen some general (not Arlo) reports on this problem (just google Android Notification Sounds not working).

But I switched to iOS about a year ago, so I don't have any recent experience with this on Android.  Hopefully some other Android users can offer some help.

ldj43
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your efforts. I tested with factory reset Samsung S8 again and same problem. This problem looks compatibility Arlo app with some android phone. I think only Arlo developer can solve this problem.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.