Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ntofication sounds stop on Android

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have multiple Arlo 3 and 2 cameras on a base station, with one Arlo Essential connected directly to wifi.  I have tried three android tablets and have the same issue.  The arlo notifications work fine for 10 to 12 hours and then the sound stops.  I still get the visual notification and my android phone vibrates, but no sound on the tablet unless I reboot the table.

I have tried two Samsung tablets and a no-name brand.  The tablets span Android 8-11.  All three have exactly the same issue.  I am at wits end over it.  It seemed to be working up until a few months ago, from what I can tell.  Not sure if its an update that caused it or what.  In fact, I just spent $250 on a brand new tablet thinking that might be the issue.  Seems to be wasted.

6 REPLIES 6
Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just noticed that over the last few months, a few people had the same issue with sound notifications not working, but the responses weren't exactly detailed and useful.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the v3.0 app do any better? Note that you may need to uninstall the old app and install the new one for everything to work right (there's at least one unrelated issue that requires this).

BTW, I've used similar justifications for buying new devices...  🙂

Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Initially, it seemed t go longer than normal without the issue.  But its shut down sound notifications again an hour ago.

Its happening on two completely different android tablets with different makers and different versions of android.

The notifications are showing up, just with no sound.

Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

btw, submitted to support and this has to be one of the most clueless support systems.  Their response is they want my address, where I bought the device, and my address.  I asked them why they needed that.  No answer in 48 hours.  That's why I'm here.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to Settings, Notifications (near the bottom) which gives you a link to the phone settings for the app. Click on the link and then click on Notifications (not the toggle but the word itself). Click on Advanced and then on Sound to set the desired sound. ALso, make sure the notifications volume for the devices isn't muted or turned way down.

Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can you please actually read the OP?  It works for a few hours then stops.  Why bring information and advice that obviously isn't going to help?  All Arlo support did was ask me for my address and where I bought the camera.  I have come to the conclusion that if you have issues with an Arlo device, you are basically on your own.  You get questions like, "Did you turn it on?"  Or being asked for your address.

Since no one seems to want to offer any real advice I decided to research a little more.  The first thing I found is other people are having the same issue.  I'm repeating that since you seem to not have read anything.  The second thing I found is that, on two of the tablets, if I clear notifications, the sound starts working again.  The notification queue can only get so many messages in the buffer before it shuts down the sound for notifications.  Not sure where that leads me.  But its easier to clear notifications once a day that rebooting the tablet.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation