Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
bejaes
Guide
Guide

Since March 30th, I have been unable to manual record to the cloud via Chrome Browser.

I have a VMB4000 (with USB for local recording), 2 Arlo Pro's, 1 Arlo Ultra 2 and a wireless doorbell.

I can manual record to the Arlo cloud via my phone app ( using all cameras) , but not via my Chrome Browser ( browser app version 4.12.2_2 released Mar 1, 2024).

The Library shows files, but these browser created files show as light grey, with no image, which will not play in the browser, and when downloaded show the resultant files name as "undefined.mp4" with a file size of 1kb.

I suspect that the browser app is faulty.

Operating system - Windows 10 and Windows 11.

23 REPLIES 23
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bejaes wrote:

Since March 30th, I have been unable to manual record to the cloud via Chrome Browser.

This is working for me, though I checked using an Ultra camera connected to to VMB5000 base.  I'm also using the "Feed" interface, and not "Library". (I did check with Chrome).

Are you seeing the same behavior with Edge?

bejaes
Guide
Guide

Just tested with Edge and get the same faulty result.

Considered upgrading to a newer base station, however logic tells me that if I use the mobile app is still has to go through the base station. Recording works correctly via the mobile app.

Have fully powered down the base station 3 times, including total disconnection from power, without any change to the issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you trying this on two different PCs?

bejaes
Guide
Guide

Have tried it on 3 computers.

1 x Win 11 and 2 x Win 10. All with the same outcome.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bejaes wrote:

Have tried it on 3 computers.

1 x Win 11 and 2 x Win 10. All with the same outcome.

Just wondering - is it possibly a browser extension you have installed on all three PCs?  Or perhaps internet security software?

Might also be worth trying logging into an incognito/private browser window, and see if the behavior is different.

bejaes
Guide
Guide

On 2 computers (Win 10 & Win11) I have extensions in Chrome (Adblock Plus Malware Bytes and various Nortons items). Tried turning them off. Same faulty result.

On the other Win10 computer there were on 2 extensions (Adblock Plus and DuckDuckGo), turned them off and same result as the other 2 PC's.

Tried disabling Nortons and MalwareBytes (which have been on first 2 of the computers for years), no joy.

Neither Nortons or Malwarebytes are installed on the other computer.

I also bought a VMB4540 and transferred all cameras to the new SmartHub,

Tried again with the same disappointing result.

I'm starting to wonder if it is something weird like Daylight Saving which is due to end on Sunday. I think it is a week later than normal.

bejaes
Guide
Guide

This is still an issue.

I have also eliminated my 5G Wireless router, as an issue, by using my mobile's hotspot to provide an internet connection for my Win 11 computer, and getting the same faulty result. 

To me is has to be an Arlo software or Arlo cloud server issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bejaes wrote:

To me is has to be an Arlo software or Arlo cloud server issue.

Could be.

But I'd expect the issue to be more widespread, and as far as I can tell your PCs are the only ones experiencing the problem.  So if it is Arlo's issue, it would have to be something specific to your account.

load_master_5
Initiate
Initiate

same here 4/19/2024 i have 2 base stations  older 4000 and the model for the ultra2 4k 

this happens on all cameras when i record no matter which base station - flawless hyper fast internet  . works just fine on my ipad and my iphone - using chrome  .

needs to be fixed - i have crack heads in my neighborhood . so this is real life and this is not helping .

bejaes
Guide
Guide

load_master5 - Sorry to see that you have the same problem, but glad to that the issue is not unique to me.

Would love to see this escalated to support.

WLynne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I rely on Arlo to do what it promises.

My manual recording is now not in my library - April 20, 2024

mitch_i
Guide
Guide

Starting a few days ago, whenever I make a manual video, it seems to work, but in the Library, it shows up as blank. I get "This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view."

So I download it and get a 1-byte file named undefined.mp4.

This happens for all my cameras.

I've restarted the base, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WLynne wrote:

My manual recording is now not in my library - April 20, 2024

Are you saying that you can no longer make a recording while livestreaming?

2FRUSTRATED2
Guide
Guide

I'm having the exact same issues, for at least a week or so. I haven't kept track. I have several Arlo Pro, a cam/floodlight, and a doorbell cam. Manual recordings done with the browser - which is how I usually make them - are grayed out in the library, will not play. Prompted to download them. They will only save as "undefined.mp4" and the files have no data. Everything works with my Android phone app.

HELLO, SUPPORT, ANOTHER BROWSER PROBLEM.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting your router and base, in that order. Reinsert camera batteries to reset the cameras to a known state. Any better?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Where are you located?

2FRUSTRATED2
Guide
Guide

Who? I'm in USA. Just tested, problem is still there.

WLynne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am located in Toronto, Ontario

bejaes
Guide
Guide

I'm in Melbourne, Australia.

WLynne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to mention that I am facing two issues with my Arlo camera. Firstly, the manual recordings that I make are not showing up in my library. Secondly, I am unable to record any activity zone settings. I have already tried adjusting the activity zone to make sure that it is not in a zoom mode and that it is set to standard rather than wide. I have also made sure that the zone setting is not too large. However, the strange thing is that the footage was recorded outside of the activity zone.  And to be fair, I did a quick small test of the manual recording the following day, and oddly enough, it appeared to be working, but I do not feel I can depend on it.  I just had a technician over to check my internet, and everything appears to be fine. I'm a long-time Arlo customer with a subscription, and I'm simply searching for the right solutions.  I have to ask, is it me, the program or perhaps some interference?  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have passed all this information onto our development team. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@WLynne 

Which camera is this?

Is the camera battery powered or connected to charger

Can you share a picture of the zones and a video where motion outside the zone was recorded.

BrianHB
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo Pro 2 cameras VMB4000 base station

I'm having the identicle issure. I can't record manually in any browser. It just leaves a gray tile where the recording would be that says unidentified.mp4 when I download it to the computer. I tried fiddling with these file but there's nothing there. Recording mannually through the phone app works fine.