Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Catherine81
Tutor
Tutor

I am unable to log into view my cameras anymore, just sends me back to screen that says “log back in”
Occasionally an error message will show at the top but it’s intermittent and says
(0) http status code to ‘(null)’ .
Any ideas! It’s driving me mad

91 REPLIES 91
mryffel
Star
Star
And just like that arlo app not working again. What’s the deal arlo?!!
Kdog63
Guide
Guide

I have an Apple 10 phone. Running iOS 13.6. Same issue on WiFi and cellular data

md1053
Guide
Guide

Not to put you on the spot corywagner, but have you researched other brands? I think it's unreasonable of Arlo Support to expect us to power our phones off and on every time we want to access the mobile app.  If this issue isn't resolved, I'm seriously considering switching to an alternative.

mryffel
Star
Star
I’m thinking the same thing. Was looking at different camera systems last night. Just invested so much in the arlo system so far. Getting very annoyed
md1053
Guide
Guide

Yes, I too, spent a lot of money on my Arlo system. But Arlo support has been incredibly unresponsive to the multiple complaints on this issue. If they don't resolve it soon, I'll be shopping around for sure.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

RiJo
Tutor
Tutor
Hello,

Seems a very issue topic - looking at the posts here - and a real security topic not able to login using iPhone App to base station (being remote) . Expansive product ; lousy support ..... all - after a while of silence - hearing that support team is working on this and let you know ; how;what;when...... takes this up seriously and not as a regular issue - we are talking about quality security product informing helping to protect properties .it isn’t ......
sgclark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app does NOT work on my iphone 11

Error message - http status code is '(null)'.

Arlo needs to fix this. I have spent hours on the phone with Support and nothing has been fixed. I recently purchased a base and 3 cameras for a gift for my sons home, but returned it due to this!

sgclark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here!

sgclark
Aspirant
Aspirant
chillwilldvr2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am unable to log into view my cameras anymore, just sends me back to screen that says “log back in”
Occasionally an error message will show at the top but it’s intermittent and says
(0) http status code to ‘(null)’ .
I have spent a lot of MONEY into this system and now it is looking like I have wasted a lot of money...I have been an ARLO user since inception and have various cameras and devices that are all brick when it comes to working with IPHONE IOS 13.6--It works well with PC devices.

ARLO PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ndn66
Tutor
Tutor

For the last week I haven't been able to log in to the Arlo App.   I have deleted the app, reloaded, restarted my Iphone multiple times and no such luck.   I either get an error message that says:  (0) http status code to '(null)' or it just spins and then goes back to the "log back in" page.   I have also logged out and back in.   

Anyone else experiencing the same issues and have a resolution?

Thank you

mryffel
Star
Star
I hate to do this to community members but I just packed up my arlo cameras and invested in ring. Doesn’t work well with SmartThings but at least their app works and it’s far quicker to get live feeds. I wish everyone luck but I don’t think arlo is going to resolve this. Probably going to be bought out by google anyway.
ndn66
Tutor
Tutor

I was able to get onto arlo support chat and they had me turn off my VPN and i was able to log back in to the ARLO app today.   Not sure if an update to use VPN and the app will come out or not.   

RiJo
Tutor
Tutor
Seems indeed solving the login topic temporarily by switching off the McAfee vpn (safe browsing) connection . Not sure if this helps for an adequate solutions - guess it will end up into a blaming discussion between Arlo & McAfee not helping us .

Hope Arlo will resolve this soon as vpn is used heavily .
Oldblade
Guide
Guide

Same Issue here 

Iphone Xs

IOS 13.6

Error on Wifi Or Cel

Same error as above HTTP or Log Back in and Log Out

works fine on laptop

Briansafrit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem.  It's been over a week that I cannot use my iphone to log into the app.  When is this problem going to be fixed?  I'm paying for a service that I cannot use.  Arlo needs to fix this or I'm canceling my service.

SN2010
Initiate
Initiate
I am not able to operate my cameras from the mobile App. Every time, the login page comes up. It does not take me any further. A message comes up at the top stating: Status Code Null. I downloaded the App and set it up with Id/password. I refreshed it several times with no effect! Any guidance from anyone?
mryffel
Star
Star
Just throwing this out there. As mentioned before I am no longer an arlo user. I switched to ring. But for you iPhone users, goto your settings and turn off your VPN. Force stop the arlo app and try again. The ring app can also malfunction when VPN is on but works perfectly when it is off. Turning the VPN off also helps with smart things and Simpson’s Tapped Out. It’s worth a try.
SN2010
Initiate
Initiate
Tried the suggested solution of switching off the VPN. You can on/off the VPN from iOS settings. It worked. Thanks. However, Arlo needs to provide a more robust solution. The system should work irrespective of the VPN status.
Briansafrit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Others commented as well. But switching off VPN worked for me. Not a huge deal, but a bit inconvenient. Used to work through VPN.
Briansafrit
Aspirant
Aspirant
It works without VPN. But it used to work fine through VPN. MUST FIX!
Kdog63
Guide
Guide

Same here. Turn VPN off and it works. Still need to get that fixed

Catherine81
Tutor
Tutor
This does work!! Thanks for your input!
Need Arlo to sort out a longer term solution now
👍
corywagner
Guide
Guide

I have an iPhone Xs, iOS 13.6  and it happens on wifi and cellular data.  It also didn't recognize my phone, though it is the same phone I set it up with, so I had to add it as a trusted device again.  Still doesn't let me log into it from my phone, though I can from my laptop, though it is difficult to do because I still have to authorize the computer login via my phone and half the time that times out too.