Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two of my cameras are showing out of range

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tle0623
Follower
Follower

TWO OF MY CAMERAS ARE OUT OF RANGE, ONE SHOWING ONE BAR AND THE OTHER ONLY TWO.   PURCHASED A NETGEAR N300 EXTENDER.   IS THIS GOOD TO USE ?   AND WILL IT CAUSE ANY ISSUES WITH OTHER DEVICES IN MY HOME THAT  ALREADY AUTOMATICALLY CONNECT TO MY ROUTER? 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Extenders do nothing except to allow you to position a base better by connecting the base to the extender via the Ethernet cable. Depending on your situation, simply attaching the base to the extender so it's more centrally located relative to the cameras may be all you need. Otherwise, you'd need a second base connected to the extender so some cameras connect to the first base and the rest connect to the second base.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Extenders do nothing except to allow you to position a base better by connecting the base to the extender via the Ethernet cable. Depending on your situation, simply attaching the base to the extender so it's more centrally located relative to the cameras may be all you need. Otherwise, you'd need a second base connected to the extender so some cameras connect to the first base and the rest connect to the second base.