Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Teamcasa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 8 cameras and two of them chew through batteries in two weeks or less.  I've done everthing - twice and they still eat batteries. I've asking for help from support for weeks and been given the run around at each turn.  First they wanted the exact purchase date. It's clear that all they want is for me to give up.  Now see below:
This is Vince From NETGEAR ARLO TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM and I will be the one assisting you today in regards to your concern. Can you please do me a favor and follow the steps provided below.

1. Go to Settings > My Devices, select the affected cameras name then press Remove Device.
2. Please log out of the account.
3. remove the batteries from the affected camera
4. wait for 1 min before reinserting the batteries
5. Sync the affected camera back to the base station. To do so, press the sync button on the base station once (just press then release right after). When the third light starts to blink, press the sync button on the camera.

Can you please provide us the following information below so that we can further isolate your concern.

1. How do you know that the battery has drained? What indicators were used to make this determination?
2. What is your expectation of battery life?
3. How long do the batteries take to drain to the point of not working? After a few hours, days of inserting new batteries?
4. Have you opened your camera battery compartment and confirmed battery door contacts and springs are clean and dry? If not, please clean and ensure battery door is tightly shut.
5. When inserting batteries, do you see a momentary blue LED? Please describe the camera's LED activity.
6. Do you notice that the camera is periodically emitting a rapidly blinking Blue LED?
7. What battery brand are you using?
8. Are these batteries rechargeable? How many recharge cycles have these batteries gone through?
9. When inserting batteries, do you see an amber LED blinking periodically?
10. Where is your camera correctly located? Is it indoors or outdoors?
11. How low does the temperature get in the area where the camera is located?
12. How far away is your camera from the base station? How many barriers – walls, doors, double-pane windows? Could the camera or base station be moved to reduce distance between camera and battery?
13. Do you have your Base Station permanently set to Armed/All Motion On or on a Schedule?
14. What is the sensitivity setting on your camera?
15. What duration have you set your camera to record for when a motion is triggered? How many recordings do you get per day for this camera?
16. How many of your library recordings are night vision?
17. Do you do live streaming? If so, how long do you do live streaming on a daily basis? Do you do manual recordings too?

I hope that this information at hand will be helpful on your end and if you have further questions let us know and we would gladly assist you

Again thank you for NETGEAR have a wonderful day.

Vince
Expert ID : 46311
NETGEAR SUPPORT EXPERT 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Teamcasa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally,

A firmware update solved the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it unreasonable for them to ask you when you purchased the cameras?

Teamcasa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not unreasonable, but the phrase used by them was "Exact Date".  I had already given them the month and year.

Teamcasa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally,

A firmware update solved the problem.