Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two of 3 Arlos will not sync on two seperate accounts and two base units

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Theo426
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I may know what the problem is BUT I need to determine if I return OR replace two Arlo cams. 

I set up my parents Arlo security systems. They live on a farm so I created one account for the house and another accout for the seperate shop. The house has an Arlo base unit and four cameras connected to a Netgear dual band router. For the shop I created a second account I had to use a Netgear Wi Fi extender with a second connected/dedicated second base unit with one Arlo Q camera. By my calculations I have room for one more camera on the House Account and four more on the Shop account....but I only wanted to add two more cams total but I could get neither to sync with either account or either base unit.

Either the statistically improbable occured (i.e., I got two bad Arlo cams in one package or three) OR Netgear sees ONE Router MAC address and says no to adding a 6th and 7th camera (BUT I did not get the "You'll need to upgrade" error messages so it's unclear as to what the problem is...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Theo426,

I have reviewed your case that you have open with the support team. It appears an agent responded to your case with a resolution yesterday. I will reach out to you in a private message with more details.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Theo426
Aspirant
Aspirant

New info. I conducted an experiment...I removed one Arlo camera from my 5 camera setup,removed the batteries, rebooted the base station and tried to sync both the cameras that failed to sync with either of my parents base stations nor either of their two accounts and once again both failed to sync (same procedure, removed bateries and rebooted base unit).

Removing the batteries is documented as sufficient to restore the Arlo's to factory defaults and removal from the system and rebooting the base unit should eliminate all traces (i.e., should unregister the camera completely)..this apparently is NOT sufficient. When I re-synced my original working camera into my system it resynced without any prblem BUT IT REGAINED IT"S SETTINGS AND THE NAME I HAD GIVEN IT!

So a third possibility for my failure at my parents is that all the failed syncs added up making each base station "think" the max number of cameras had been installed!

SO HOW DO YOU COMPLETELY UNREGISTER A CAMERA AND DELETE ALL SETTINGS?!?!?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Theo426,

On the Basic plan you can view up to 5 cameras, any camera past 5 will still sync successfully but will give you a message telling you to upgrade your subscription to view the camera.

When you say failed sync, do you mean the camera is indicating the sync failed with an amber LED? Have you tried fresh batteries in the cameras that are behaving this way?

JamesC

Theo426
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please note that I set up two accounts for my parents but the both run through the same router, two base-units (one with 4 cams and one with one cam)-regardless neither camera would sync to either account or base. Part two-I noted I removed a camera from my 5 camera home system, rebooted base and both cameras again (third account, third base unit) failed to sync.

One camera always blinks orange, the other never stops blinking blue. 

I'll welcome anyone's help but I've escalated this to Netgear Tech Support two days ago and I'm still waiting...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Theo426,

This could indicate an issue with the cameras. I have reviewed the case you have open with support and it appears this is currently being investigated.

JamesC

Theo426
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing work with support-no email update, tried calling number provided, "wrong department," they have no access to the info I provided when I submitted by email even with case number. Trying to use "my.netgear.com" is a joke, just keeps asking me to login.

Just replace the damn camera's already!!

Worse tech support I've ever encountered....

Theo426
Aspirant
Aspirant

Neither wouldd sync-no "need to upgrade" aspect. I just tried to email this on the Support site and got repeated errors-told to refresh web page on maybe the site was down...this has gone way beyond SUCKS!

Case#: 27062470

Submitted 6/27/16, nothing since received Netgear Support <no-reply> email.  MyNetgear.com won't work-no Arlo products are listed, cannot check on status or update.

Support person on Arlo Community checked and said would Netgear would probably replace the two defective cameras but that was three days ago. Tried to call support but they had no access to information I provided when submitted case and then was told I'd reached the wrong department.

This needs to be resolved-this is the worst customer service experience I've even had. Please reply by email-I can not stand your support sites.

Theo426
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't believe this! I have called (wrong department), I am unable to use My.Netgear.com because Arlo equipment is not listed, can not even register the cameras I want to return in order to use the "Return defective equipment" option AND NOW they are closing my case because I'VE FAILED to respond!!

WTF!?!

Reminder about your NETGEAR support case #27062470

Dear Valued Customer,

With regards to your recent case opened with NETGEAR, we have not received a response from you. Please note that this case will be closed in 3 days if we do not receive a response from you by then. To continue troubleshooting this matter, please login to my.netgear.com and update your case (for tickets opened online) or contact us by phone. The expert currently handling this case will typically respond to your message within one business day.

Thanks, NETGEAR Support

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Theo426,

I have reviewed your case that you have open with the support team. It appears an agent responded to your case with a resolution yesterday. I will reach out to you in a private message with more details.

JamesC