Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HALERICHLENCTR
Guide
Guide

I am having a very frustrating issue with this new "authentication" requirement.  I have 4 people who are able to access (under the grant access option on the settings screen) the Arlo from their phone or computer (we are a mental health office and they use this to view patient's in the waiting room).  The issue I am having is that it only allows you to set up one phone number and one email address (the main account) to send the authentication code to.   If they are attempting to view the cameras after hours, when no staff is in the office, there is no way for them to get an authentication code.  

I need to know how to resolve this, as it is quite frustrating and there needs to be a solution or we are going to have to start looking for another system.  I understand the need to do this authentication process maybe one time for each persons device, but not every single time you long on.

Can anyone from Arlo or the community address this?

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

HazelsNuts
Guide
Guide

Did you get a solution for this problem HALERICHLENCTR?

I have a similar issue and I would be most interested in your status.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @HazelsNuts

May I ask what the issue is you are experiencing? 

HazelsNuts
Guide
Guide

My problem is this.

The first is not being able to add my PC's as trusted devices.  With 2FA enabled I have to get a text message or email to supply me with a code to login to my Web browser Arlo viewer EVERY TIME.

I don't need that or want that. If that had been a requirement of the cameras when I bought them I wou'dn't have bought them. Likewise with having to use a tablet or phone to view the footage or adjust the settings. I bought the cameras because of their PC interface not because they had a tablet / phone app.

The second problem is that I am not the only family member who monitors our cameras. When they try to check the cameras from their PC they are unable to log in as their PC isn't a trusted device and asks for the authorisation code (which is sent to my phone).

Additionally, I only want to use a PC for viewing footage and adjusting settings etc. as using a tablet or phone to do this is less than ideal as the phone / tablet screens are too small to view the footage in detail and the audio is inferior to my computer. Also, taking screen captures on a phone / tablet and then having to transfer those captures and videos manually to my PC for viewing is inefficient, time intensive and highly inconvenient.

I firmly believe 2FA should be optional. I would choose NOT to use it. 

I firmly believe the PC interface is more important and user friendly than any phone / tablet app.

HALERICHLENCTR
Guide
Guide

The issue we are having is that we have several people who access the ARLO system from both their phone and from their computer (using the same email address to log on).

The people who have access granted, can access on their own phone with no issue, but no one can access ARLO on their computers without having to complete the 2 step authentication process which only allows you to either have the code emailed to you (the other users don't have access to my email address) or have it sent via text to a specific phone number (my personal phone) which the access granted users don't have access too.

It is frustrating and to call the ARLO customer service is basically a joke.  I was having an issue with ARLO not recording (we pay extra for cloud) and after 35 minutes on the phone with a service person, he tried to tell me that the cameras are "heat sensitive" and will only record if they sense heat.......REALLLLLLLYYYY!!! How stupid do they think we are, they are "motion sensor" cameras.  I ended up with a supervisor who asked me to keep track of my camera recordings for three days and to email him "at the email address I will send you when we finish the call".  I get the email and it is a "bot" email that basically explains there is a ticket open, but no email address to respond to and no way to contact the supervisor that I spoke with.

I am so over ARLO.  Every time you call it is basically being told that "you need new equipment, your equipment is probably too old, you are doing something wrong......their customer service really stinks!