Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My car has been broken into twice. And camera has not picked up any movement

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Juggernautwins
Aspirant
Aspirant

I pick up animals and get alerts. My car has been broken into twice in two weeks and camera picked up nothing? How is this possible? Two cameras pointing at the car. Has someone found a way to hack into the cameras?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you post screenshots with the car in it's usual position?

Also, how far are the cameras from the car?

Juggernautwins
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes 5 feet. Then another camera about 20 feet on opposite side pointing at car. And nothing was detected.

cameraoncar.jpgdeckcam.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Which side of the car was broken into?

20' is getting to the range where it might miss people sometimes.  But 5 feet should work on that side of the car.

If you have third-party skins on the cameras, you should try removing them.  Some of those skins will interfere with the motion detection.

Juggernautwins
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not 3rd party Skins. And again the motion is picked up on other items. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Juggernautwins

Have you tried raising the sensitivity for the camera that is 5' from your car?

I would try and turn it up to 100 & test it, if this is a need to catch area.

SMPS20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Arlo doesn't record movement directly in front of the camera, but things moving across the field of view. So they won't pick up movement if someone or something is moving in a line directly toward the camera. In order to pick up car thieves, you'd have to point your cameras at the street, not the car. Took me a few calls to support to learn that. Also, I think they can be hacked. I enabled the two step verification on mine, but it's not notifying me when I need to sign in and it keeps logging me out saying "I'm signed in on another device", but I only have one device.