Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Trying to set up a new system, Arlo says my son's email is already linked to another account

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
berrggie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an Arlo 2-camera system for my son. When he tried to set up an account with his email, Arlo stated that the email was "already associated with an account". Last year I had Granted Access to him while I was out of the country. Later, I cancelled his access. Currently my account shows "0" people who have Access Permission. It seems that Arlo has not totally removed my son's email address. How do I get this corrected?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't tried this so I may be way off base. Can he log into the app or by using the browser? If so, just use Add Device on the Devices tab to add the base and then sync the cameras.

berrggie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

He can't get that far. Before he can Add the Device, he needs to create an account, which rquires his email, which is when the problem arises. He shrewdly decided to create an account and register under his wife's email. He will contact Arlo next week to work this out.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That's certainly one way to do it. I was just suggesting trying to sign in in the first place rather than using the new system setup. If he can log in, he already has a working account to add devices to.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Removing access does not "delete" the Arlo account that was created. It simply restricts access to the equipment that was shared.

jguerdat's assumption above is correct. If your son used his email address to accept the "Grant Access" invitation you originally sent, then he already has an Arlo account. He simply needs to log in using that address and click "Add device" to add the new system to the existing account.

JamesC