Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Trying to re-add an Arlo Essentials - pressing and holding the sync button for 1-2 sec does NOTHING.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Purple_Silicon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I pressed the button for 1, 2, 5 and more seconds, but still no blue LED blinking. Only yellow. 

I really hope I can solve this withut having to detach the camera from the roof and remove the battery, 'cause that would be an ordeal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple_Silicon
Aspirant
Aspirant

The solution seems to have been to keep the button pressed for about a minute, continuously and cramp-inducingly.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since this is an Essential camera, you can't remove the battery.

Is the battery charged? Have you tried the reset?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Purple_Silicon
Aspirant
Aspirant

The solution seems to have been to keep the button pressed for about a minute, continuously and cramp-inducingly.  

Purple_Silicon
Aspirant
Aspirant

The battery is always charged - in other words, it's constantly attached to the charger. Because I don't want to periodically have to recharge the damn thing, who has time for that?

Purple_Silicon
Aspirant
Aspirant

BTW, that link you posted? Of course I read that, I did that twice just in case I missed something - which I did not. Why would you think I didn't do my due diligence and googled possible solutions before creating this thread?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Purple_Silicon wrote:

Why would you think I didn't do my due diligence and googled possible solutions before creating this thread?

Because a lot of people posting issues here haven't. 

FWIW, another reason is the article says to hold down sync for about 15 seconds, and you said you only pressed it down for 5 seconds. 

Purple_Silicon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried also 20 s, without success. Let me add that to my original post.

Welp, I see that it is not possible to edit the original entry.