Arlo Secure mobile app very slow on devices tab

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Tydog
Initiate
Initiate

Issue: When opening Arlo Secure, the app will freeze on devices tab for 30 - 60 seconds. App becomes completely unresponsive. Cannot switch tabs, scroll through cameras, or click anything. Once loaded and navigating away from the devices tab, the application functions as normal and is very responsive. Navigating back to the devices tab results in the app becoming unresponsive again for a long noticeable extended period of time.

Mobile Device: iPhone 14 Pro (Running iOS 17.0.3, latest at time of writing this)

Cameras: 4 x Arlo Pro 4 (Firmware 1.080.20.1_23_d50a19d, latest at time of writing this)

Arlo Secure: Version 4.9.1 (6960) Released Oct 4, 2023 (latest at time of writing this)

Arlo Plan: Arlo Secure Multi-Camera

Issue started around the time iPhone 14 Pro was updated to iOS 17. An additional camera was also added to the account around the same time. The new camera came with Arlo Secure Plus Trial which updated the icon in the upper right corner of the devices tab to white (I believe it was red before).

Solutions Attempted:

1) Force close app - Issue still exists

2) Restart all camera and force close app - Issue still exists

3) Try on/off WiFI - Issue still exists

4) Verify all Camera Firmware, Arlo Secure App, iOS are running latest version - Issue still exists

5) Log out, delete app, restart phone twice, install app, log back in - Issue still exists

6) Delete the newly added camera from the account - Issue still exist (White icon for Arlo Secure Plus Trial still present)

Additional Info:

1) Accessing cameras from my.arlo.com is very fast. All camera feeds load quickly and no issues are noticeable.

2) Logging in on another device (iPhone XR, running iOS 16.4.1) the app is very responsive.

Are there any additional things to try here? Is this an issue with iOS 17? Is there a bug with the Arlo Secure Plus Trial?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tydog
Initiate
Initiate

To provide an update for anyone who is interested.

I have been in contact via email with someone from the Arlo team for the past couple of weeks.

Providing logs, screen shots, and a screen recording of the issue for them to further investigate.

As of tonight, my phone had an update from iOS 17.0.3 to 17.1 (Release October 25, 2023)

After this iOS update, the Arlo app appears to be running as normal.

Any issues of slowness, freezing, or delays have all gone away.

From the original post:

Mobile Device: iPhone 14 Pro (Running iOS 17.0.3, latest at time of writing this)
Cameras: 4 x Arlo Pro 4 (Firmware 1.080.20.1_23_d50a19d, latest at time of writing this)
Arlo Secure: Version 4.9.1 (6960) Released Oct 4, 2023 (latest at time of writing this)

At the time of writing this:

Mobile Device: iPhone 14 Pro (Running iOS 17.1, Release October 25, 2023)
Cameras: 4 x Arlo Pro 4 (Firmware 1.080.20.1_23_d50a19d)
Arlo Secure: Version 4.9.2 (6972) Released Oct 20, 2023

I have informed the individual at Arlo that my issue seems to have resolved after the iOS 17.1 update.

I would recommend anyone that has similar issues to try updating to this latest iOS and verify the Arlo app is also on the latest version.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Nerdygolfer1984
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve got the exact same issue with same cameras! I tried all of the above as well and the issue persists. It’s been going on since the update to iOS 17. I do not have this issue at all on my iPad. If Arlo checks this community page, it’d be great if they can work with Apple to fix this bug ASAP. Or else the iPhone app is ineffective. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI,

Thanks for the feedback. Are we still experiencing this issue?

Nerdygolfer1984
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. The iPhone Arlo Secure app has not improved since my initial reply post earlier today. It takes too long to load and then as the poster above noted, the device tab is slow and buggy - both of which negatively affect the entire app use. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does the same occur for mobile data and when connect to wifi?

Nerdygolfer1984
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. It does not matter whether connected to WiFi or mobile data. Same outcome. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback, I notified the team and I will report back as soon as possible. 

Nerdygolfer1984
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

drchrisn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, although I'm on iPhone XR, iOS 17.0.2, app version 4.9.1 with Pro5 cameras.  Basically, I can use the app to see my camera feeds but cannot arm or disarm.  The iPad app and Windows desktop app work fine.  

drchrisn
Aspirant
Aspirant

The current app works fine on my old iPhone 7 (iOS 15.7.9).  Any idea how long we will have to wait for a resolution?

Nerdygolfer1984
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Team: Any updates on this fix? I am paying for a monthly service that is not fully functional. Thank you! 

Tydog
Initiate
Initiate

To provide an update for anyone who is interested.

I have been in contact via email with someone from the Arlo team for the past couple of weeks.

Providing logs, screen shots, and a screen recording of the issue for them to further investigate.

As of tonight, my phone had an update from iOS 17.0.3 to 17.1 (Release October 25, 2023)

After this iOS update, the Arlo app appears to be running as normal.

Any issues of slowness, freezing, or delays have all gone away.

From the original post:

At the time of writing this:

Mobile Device: iPhone 14 Pro (Running iOS 17.1, Release October 25, 2023)
Cameras: 4 x Arlo Pro 4 (Firmware 1.080.20.1_23_d50a19d)
Arlo Secure: Version 4.9.2 (6972) Released Oct 20, 2023

I have informed the individual at Arlo that my issue seems to have resolved after the iOS 17.1 update.

I would recommend anyone that has similar issues to try updating to this latest iOS and verify the Arlo app is also on the latest version.

Nerdygolfer1984
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. I completed the update on my iPhone from iOS 17.0.3 to 17.1 and my Arlo Secure App now works without freeze and/or delay. I suggest everyone do this as well. Thank you! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nerdygolfer1984 wrote:

Same here. I completed the update on my iPhone from iOS 17.0.3 to 17.1 and my Arlo Secure App now works without freeze and/or delay. 

Thx for sharing.

FWIW, I usually hold off on upgrading to a new major iOS release until x.1 comes out.  There usually are some issues in the initial x.0 that get cleaned up in x.1.

Hopefully Arlo will fix the notification sound issue soon.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the updates.