Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to connect my Base Station to new Arlo app but doesn't connect

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
YYCWayne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VMB3500 base station and I am trying to connect it to the Arlo app. The base station is the version made by Netgear and was purchased in 2017 (before Arlo split away from Netgear). I have not used the cameras and base staion since February 2018. I have downloaded the latest Arlo app (version 2.12.3_27015 released January 7 2020). I have the base station connected to my router and the power connection. Both green lights are on for power and internet. I have an account from previous use in 2017. Using the app I try to add a device and when I get to the "Looking for your Arlo device" stage, it doesn't connect with the base station. Tried the reset but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YYCWayne
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jguerdat, thanks for the reply. I eventually got my base to connect using your suggestion for reset (hold and wait for amber lights) on a different post. I didn't hold the reset long enough my first try.
Thanks again

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the web page instead? ANd your phone is on your WiFi, not cell service?  Are there any devices showing in the app/web under Settings, My Devices? If so, remove them and try again.

YYCWayne
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jguerdat, thanks for the reply. I eventually got my base to connect using your suggestion for reset (hold and wait for amber lights) on a different post. I didn't hold the reset long enough my first try.
Thanks again