Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Total Battery failure across multiple cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
DavidSt
Follower
Follower
All my cameras went down at the same time when I was away. I had checked battery status before I left. Rebooting the base statIon didn’t help and none of them would synchronise. I had received no alert to tell me any of batteries was low (unfortunately we got burgled when they were down) New Battery brought one camera up and I immediately got an alert that this battery was low on power (possibly an old set I kept just in case). Why can I lose all cameras at I assume the same time and also why no alerts. It worries me that I can’t trust the cameras any more
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like for some reason the base went down,,,

when this happens you lose the cameras and they drain at a faster rate than normal trying to resync.

I recommend a UPS on the base unit , esp for remote locations.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Thilland
Aspirant
Aspirant

This sounds very similar to what is happening to mine.  I now have one camera that refuses to sync to my base after a factory reset.  I went 4 years without issues, now the entire system is garbage. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you used the Contact Support link at the bottom here? Even out of warranty questions will be answered for free.

Thilland
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had reached out to the teach support.   After 3 months and 8 emails, I was being told the same 3 steps over and over.  Unplug the base, change batteries, resync the camera.  There was nothing done to help looking into the issue.  Once I asked why we were just going through the same loop, they responded saying they have tried everything they can.  They never asked for firmware versions or camera types.

Smygen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. First all four cameras drained out when we was not at home. Now I have bought new batteries and one camera won't connect. Is arlo team make soma awful upgrades to our systems or what? I think this system is garbage now and have to seek for something i can trust.