Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Token keeps expiring over time

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jesperesq
Tutor
Tutor

How do I keep this from reoccuring?   I don't want to keep inputting my PW.  How do I keep my token from not expiring?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How often does this happen? App (which one) or browser? I get this once a month or three and just log in to clear it.

For the message, try logging out and back in. Maybe clear the app or browser cache.

jesperesq
Tutor
Tutor

@jguerdat It happens regularly, after I have not accessed the app for a few weeks.  Turning on/off does not help or clearing the browser.  It happens on my phone too.  I always have to re-input the PW to get access after not doing so for a few weeks.  I think the problem is Arlo thinks it's doing you a favor by letting you store your PW only for some small, finite period of time after which you need to re-input the PW.  You can't even change the period of time so it will happen less often.

bluevase
Guide
Guide

My android phone Arlo app does the same thing.  It keeps giving me a message that the token is expired.  I have set up fingerprint login to Arlo on my phone therefore, requiring me to reenter my username and password after setting up fingerprint login to Arlo make absolutely no sense.  How can I fix this and stop the annoying token expired message.

bluevase
Guide
Guide

OMG!  Today, when I looked at my phone, I did not have an Arlo alert, which is strange because a roommate leaves every evening and I always get an alert.  So I went to log on to Arlo using my fingerprint login and got an "Access token is expired" which, of course, means I now need to enter my username and password.  When I checked my email, I had three alerts during the evening, roommates arriving and leaving.

That also means this software glitch is an extreme safty issue!

Not only does it delay your ability to see what's going on while you search for your username and password and delays a possible 911 call, IT DOESN'T ALERT YOU AT ALL!!!!

After not seeeing a resolution here, I did a live chat and have a case number and they said they would escalate the issue.  I will update this once resolved.