Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station vms3230 keeps saying getting information

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ed12377
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi all

I see this issue hasn’t been raised since mid last year,but my base station keeps dropping out every couple of days this week.

When I access it using iOS app the base station says ‘getting information’.

Im having to power down the base station & reboot which seems to fix it for a day or so then fault recurs within couple of days.

Getting a little frustrating to be honest, but really do not want to have to to factory reset as that will involve ladders & taking down cameras to resync etc & not a guaranteed fix anyway...

Just wondering if it may be interference as the last recorded video prior as around the same time of morning, when my neighbour leaves for work & using car remote ? just a thought...Anyway thing is it knocks all cams out & door bell for the day when I’m also not home.

There seems to be no new firmware either  my current firmware being 1.12.0.1_27940...

I tried also using a web browser when this behaviour occurs & can access modes but no live view...app no modes just the ‘getting information message’

As ever any constructive advice appreciated...

6 REPLIES 6
Ed12377
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi All

Well i managed to get 3 days out of it after switching base station off & powering back up...

Now getting this (attached) this morning...

arlo.PNGPlease advise Arlo, as currenty this system is of no use, I've reset several times this last week or so....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Ed12377
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok not piccked this one up for a few days as after last reset it seemed to behave itself for a week or so...

Sadly this week it's been going into 'Getting information' status again this week, having to reset sometimes twice daily...

I clicked you link to open a case with support but that just takes me back to the home page...

Support on this platform stronlgy streers us onto communitaty pages anyway...

Any one else having the base station droppong out & saying 'getting information'...Also 'why' is it doing this ? It's becomming a real pain, as often have no cams until i get home from work & reset, & it's a lottery if i get a night out of without 'falling over'...

Just a genric 'contact support' answer has got me nothing, & still have an unrealiable system..

Besides with all due respect, support will jaust ask me to reset,which i have done several times already only for it to fail within 24-48 hours...

So back to my orginal question could it be interferenace, or is Arlo doing something with servers when this happens, or do i have an inherantly broken system ? 

Any help appreciated..

Tks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Ed12377,

Are you seeing the "Getting Information" also on the web version on your computer?

Ed12377
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Jessica 

Many thanks for your attention to this...

ok when this behaviour occurs & I access using a pc web browser I can get the ‘modes’ screen as opppsed to ‘getting information’ using iOS app..However when using web browser the live view of the cameras fail to connect...

The only option at this time is to reboot the base station & all will then work but I’m having to do this on an almost daily basis & somtimes more than once a day...The behaviour has been more prevalent over last couple of weeks, I’m not at home during the day so the system is effectively dead until I get home from work to restart all & sync door bell etc...

I mostly use iOS as it’s most convenient for me, & up until the last couple of weeks the system has been good...Seems to crash around the same time of day around 6.30am uk time as is the last recorded footage, with the acception of yesterday it dropped into ‘getting information’ twice, once during the morning & again late evening...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hm, let's try to have our support team look into this. I'll send you a private message so I can create a case for you.