Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
YTC
Follower
Follower

I bought the Arlo VMS3430 with 4 cameras, they worked well in the first 3 months. One day, one of the cameras appeared with the  message "This Arlo device is offline, Please make sure it is connected to internet". I have followed the forums suggested to resync with station, but it only works for a couple hours then goes offline even I have replaced new batteries. Also, it constantly feels overheated, after I resync couple times, the batteries are dead, I have to replace new batteries again. All the other cameras work fine without changing any battery till now, except for this one. Is there any troubleshooting for this camera? What is the warranty of cameras? Can i return this camera and get it fixed? What is the RMA process?

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Warranty is for 1 year. Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
Gates1548
Aspirant
Aspirant

And if I'm no longer within the one year warrantee?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gates1548,

Could you give us a description of the issue you are experiencing? We may be able to offer assistance.

JamesC

DebCoe
Initiate
Initiate

Same thing has happened to me! All 3 other cameras (- all bought in one package together) work fine. This one gave me problems when starting up and now says offline again. Only had this system about 10 days!!! 

frankkong
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same message "This arlo device is offline" for a few days. 

I have two cameras, and both reports offline.

Not sure what the problems are.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Always try power cycling the base as well as opening and closing the battery doors. Dead batteries or poor WiFi connections can also cause this. It may be worth deleting the affect cameras and resync them. Worst case reset the system by removing everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. If still no good, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here or swap the system at the store.

Gates1548
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ultimately, I deleted every camera from my account, then power cycled the base station and my router. Once those were back up I changed the camera batteries and resynced them. Also, I deleted the phone app and reinstalled it. Then they worked. This was at the direction of Netgear support.
Pendular
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has it worked well since you reset everything?

kodiakkort
Aspirant
Aspirant

You know, the problem with removing devices and begining from scratch is that you lose all of your "mode rules" for those cameras.

It's a royal pain when you have it set up like you want then have to restart again.

Very disappointed in this system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kodiakkort,

What are you experiencing? Can you provide details?

JamesC

kodiakkort
Aspirant
Aspirant

(i already posted this this weekend, but never showed.....trying again)

this camera 4N71697F2286F

has been offline twice in the last 2 months.  one time it was batteries.  the other time i had to remove and reinstall.  once you do that, there goes your modes.

besides the inconvenience of having to remove it from the exterior of the home, open batteries, reposition, it's just a bit disheartening.

kriss2745
Aspirant
Aspirant

Device is off line.  How to place it back on line?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the LEDs on the base - are they all green? Have you tried power cycling the base? Are the batteries in the camera dead? Try using both the app and a browser - any difference?

lifebeginsafter
Aspirant
Aspirant

just curious what outcome is to this problem. I've got the same thing going on with one of my camera and i've done most of all that i've read. Put in 12 different tenergy(suggested rechargable batteries), power cycle a number times the camera(stays on but within 1/2 day or so, back into alarm), power cycled base a couple times, still goes back into alarm.This unit also had some moisture in it when i opened the case and reclose it again. tks for insight

kodiakkort
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello, lifebeginsafter.

i'll tell you what i've done.......i've resorted to making mine a 3 camera system.

i have removed that problem camera and have had no issues for a two weeks so far.  so disappointed in this.  i used to worry that the cameras may get stolen since all you have to do is turn it two or three times off of the mount.  now......not so much.

i know the camera is bad, so i'm done wasting my time going through all the steps that "support" (that's funny, you can't even email them) recommends. 

maybe in a few months i'll turn it back on to see if there's been any updates by keeping it inside the house and unmounted for a month or so.  if there's no issues, i'll put it back on.  but i won't hold my breath.

good luck!!!!

Pendular
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed all cameras from the setup. Then I connected each one like they were new. One of them prompted me to upgrade the firmware which I did. It was not one that was giving me trouble. Then I checked the firmware version on the troublesome camera and it was out of date so I tried to manually update the firmware and it threw an error. I gave up but checked the next day and the firmware had updated overnight. It's only been a couple of days but so far so good.
JoeFierro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine was outside and it had AC power, no battery inside.  It worked fine for about a week then got this same message.  I installed the battery while still connected to AC power and within seconds, viola it connected!!  I then unplugged the AC power and plugged it back in firmly and saw the charging icon and then I removed the battery and AC power icon came on.  Will see how long it goes and hopefully wont get this again.