Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Tocker30
Apprentice
Apprentice

Good morning, ever since the firmware update, I have been receving the error message "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server" several times per day when I try to view my cameras live. I also notice that the start-up time to start streaming has gone from a few seconds to closer to 15 seconds when I try to view my cameras.  Has anyone else experienced this issue? Repeatedly timing out trying to connect to the live stream or taking an extended time to start live streaming? Thanks!

I will say, the battery life seems to have GREATLY improved with the new update!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you search here, you'll find a number of similar issues.  I don't know where the problem may lie but it could be anything from your device to the Arlo servers and everything inbetween.  Try the app or a browser, whichever you haven't used, to see if it's consistent.  If one works and the other doesn't, it's on your end.  Reinstalling the app may help as well as clearing the cache on the browser or using a different browser.  If the problem remains on everything, try power cycling the base.

-Lee-
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issues. This began when I recently updated to the latest camera and hub firmware (which didn't seem to cause any problems) followed by a very recent update of the Arlo iPhone App to version 2.2.0 released on 9/22/2016. Everything was working quite well until I updated the App a few weeks ago. I really want to go back to the previous version as this app update seems to be blocking most attempts to log into any camera I have without approximately 5 minutes of troubleshooting involving multiple power-cycles/resets of the hub and/or cameras and closing/re-opening the App to be able to live-stream at all and monitor my home in real-time remotely. Now, cameras drop off the hub and loose connectivity very frequently and this also takes several power-cycles/resets to resolve but only stay connected for short periods of time (much less than 1 hr). I am also getting logged out of the App every 24hrs or so. This didn't used to happen. Also, none of the cameras seem to upload data to the servers as reliably as they used to. Something has changed on Arlo's end to cause these problems and I suspect compatibility issues with  the older 1st-gen equipment and the latest Arlo Pro products...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tocker30, -Lee-

The symptoms you are describing sound like they could be interference related issues causing the cameras to drop offline. Consider relocating your base station making sure your cameras have good WiFi signal strength and limit the proximity of nearby wireless devices that could be causing interference.

If you are still seeing this behavior, consider contacting the Arlo Support Team for further investigation of this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC