Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The geofencing feature worked great with my apple cell phone, I switched to a google pixel

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Bostonfan83
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the arlo four camera system and at the time had an apple iphone 6. The geofencing feature worked fantastic when I left my property. The system would arm itself and disarm on my return every time. Now I have switched platforms and have a google pixel phone. With the geofencing feature, each time my screen turns off after setting it down (phone is still powered on) the system thinks that I have left the property and arms itself. I pick up my phone and go onto the arlo app it thinks I have returned and disarms because the screen is on. I do realize this is probably a phone setting. My hopes is someone on here is knows what setting with android will fix this issue so it works properly

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sounds like the gps isn't refreshing or app not running in background.

I would look into the possible settings in those two areas...  ( sorry , that's all I have , google phone is fairly new )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Bostonfan83
Aspirant
Aspirant

google phone runs android so I was hoping the settings would just be the same as a galaxy etc. any idea how to navigate to ensure it allows app to run in the background?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'll chk my S7 and get back to u

edit

settings>privacy and safety>app permissions> location....make sure arlo is on

settings>privacy and safety>location>gps-wifi-moblie on

also check wifi scanning under improve accuracy

its a start ..

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

re sleep....

application>app manger>arlo>permissions>more all permissions>chk to make sure prevent phone from sleeping is one

** with all of this I might uninstall and reinstall just to try and see if it fixes itself