Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
steven_conn
Guide
Guide

I tried the factory reset of holdin the reset button down for 10 seconds, and longer but the amber light won't do anything and is constantly on. Is my base station fried? It's about 3 years old.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steven_conn
Guide
Guide

None of the troubleshooting listed online worked, so I opened a case with Arlo and they sent the below instructions back, which actually resolved the problem - yahoo! 🙂 I hope this works for others as well...

1. Make sure that your home router is giving internet connection down to the through ethernet cable. So please connect a PC via ethernet cable to your router then check if you can go online.
2. Log in to your arlo app. Go to settings>my devices>select the base station>remove device
3. Unplug the base station from the power outlet then unplug your router from the power outlet. Wait for 1 minute. Plug in the router first then wait until it reboots then plug in the base station wait for 3 to 5 minutes until you see green lights on the base station
3. If the green lights will appear, go to DEVICES on your app and tap Add Device then select the base station. If the base station is not there alone then select Arlo Wirefree. Follow the installation process
4. If the base station did not lit green, or the others lit green but the internet light is not green, press and hold the reset button for exactly 30 seconds. Wait for 4-6 minutes. If you can 2 green lights from left turns green then go to ADD DEVICE, select the base station then follow the installation process.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Which light is it? There are 3

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What LED is amber? If the power LED, all bets are off. A reset is done by using only the reset button, which it sounds like you did.

steven_conn
Guide
Guide
Thanks yes it is the power LED. When I plug in the system all of the lights light up green and then all go out, and the power LED immediately turns to yellow / amber. I have stuck a pin in the reset button for at least 20 seconds but the power LED just stays yellow / amber and nothing happens. I think it may be fried? 😕
steven_conn
Guide
Guide
The one to the far left. When I turn it on all lights go on and then almost immediately turn off, and the one to the far left turns to amber. I can't reset it either (stuck a pin in the reset button for at least 20 seconds and nothing happens - the light just stays amber.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap the system at the store or open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

steven_conn
Guide
Guide
Thanks, I checked the receipt and it was bought 10/11/15 so probably to old to return to store so I opened a case with Netgear and look forward to seeing what they have to say
steven_conn
Guide
Guide

None of the troubleshooting listed online worked, so I opened a case with Arlo and they sent the below instructions back, which actually resolved the problem - yahoo! 🙂 I hope this works for others as well...

1. Make sure that your home router is giving internet connection down to the through ethernet cable. So please connect a PC via ethernet cable to your router then check if you can go online.
2. Log in to your arlo app. Go to settings>my devices>select the base station>remove device
3. Unplug the base station from the power outlet then unplug your router from the power outlet. Wait for 1 minute. Plug in the router first then wait until it reboots then plug in the base station wait for 3 to 5 minutes until you see green lights on the base station
3. If the green lights will appear, go to DEVICES on your app and tap Add Device then select the base station. If the base station is not there alone then select Arlo Wirefree. Follow the installation process
4. If the base station did not lit green, or the others lit green but the internet light is not green, press and hold the reset button for exactly 30 seconds. Wait for 4-6 minutes. If you can 2 green lights from left turns green then go to ADD DEVICE, select the base station then follow the installation process.