Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I was in my account today and was bounced out due to someone else accessing the account.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was in my account today and was bounced out due to someone else accessing the account.  This happened more than once. I contacted the only other person who has the ability to access the account and it wasn't them. Is it possible that someone else was able to get in and see my cameras and info? I immediately changed my password and disconnected the cameras and base unit. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had it happen irregularly and believe something in the server software causes this.  No idea why.  Changing the password is a Good Thing.  No real need to turn things off.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Same here... seen it one or twice and no one has the pw... unknown

Sometimes I think it's from my ios or android which isn't really signed out causing the error.

Easy test is that is they went live on your cameras , you would see the static pic on the live screen and prob wouldn't be the last time you viewed ( picture 10mins ago , etc )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had Arlo cameras for well over a year now and this hasn't ever happened before. When I changed my mode a few days prior I inadvertently disarmed it thus no live camera feeds were available, so I can't use that as a test. I've had some issues with Arlo and have decided that I need a hard wired system due to the environment where the cameras are needed. Last week one of my cameras did a 180 degree turn around and another shifted as well. I think a squirrel was responsible for the first event. I think it is possible I was hacked. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Anything is possible... if in doubt change PW as you did....

You may have misunderstood re the static screen,... the cameras don't have to be Armed.

What I was saying is that IF someone had your PW and accessed your system AND used the cameras to look around, they would have hit the LIVE button...

After the live button is hit and then off you end up with the current screen shot with a count up from the last time accessed.

see pic...

Countup.JPG

You would prob know if you accessed your cameras within the short time frame you bumped them.

All cam would be showing "just now" or a couple mins on the upcount timer

Morse is faster than texting!
nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I appreciate your response and agree that the screen might show recent viewing. However, I was unable to get the camera to go live. I tried all of them one by one. Then the logged off message would come on after each try and I would have to sign back in.