Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The Request Timed Out

Discussion stats
Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

One camera out of four has started doing this since replacing the batteries.

This camera was the first to require batteries.

I changed the batteries (with OE) and am now experiencing 'The request timed out' message.

I have removed the batteries, refitted them, re paired the camera with the base station,reset the base station all to no avail.

However, very intermitantly, the camera works for a while.

Any ideas anyone?

28 REPLIES 28
trademac
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm able to view my Arlo Q Plus remotely live with CVR on a mobile device, but when viewing on my PC the request to view live always results in a Request Timed Out. When I remove the camera from CVR service, I'm again able to view live feed from both my PC and mobile device.

I never see any answers here, just questions, but at least this a solution (a really bad solution) since I have to remove a feature I pay for (CVR) just to see a live feed.

mcgillicuddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Two days ago I purchased and installed an Alro Pro system with 4 cameras. All cameras are outside.  With one of these cameras I receive the above stated error message.  Interestingly, this camera is the closest to the base station and has the greatest signal strength; therefore, I believe signal strength is not the issue.

The main difference with this camera is its placement.  It is near the power line for the house; however, I am not sure that is the issue either.

It is possible the issue could be related to the platform on which I view the cameras. It seems that I do not have the issue using the app on my mobile device whereas I have the issue viewing via a Safari browser ; however, with only having the system for 2 days, I cannot say that with certainty.

Regardless, I could care less if I receive an error message if I knew that I would receive notification if there were an intruder; however, to my knowledge Netgear personnel have yet to address whether that would happen or not.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try swapping cameras around to see if it's the camera or the location.

mcgillicuddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Awesome suggestion!

I will change out the camera; however, it may take a week to complete as the location of the system is 400+ miles away from where I currently reside.  As such, I think the system is great even with this small nuisance.  

Separately, since my initial post I noticed that the time out occurs about the same time in the browser as it does in the mobile app (which I determine by observing simultaneously on two separate accounts, mine and one that I was granted access.)