Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Text messages stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
UserKathy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I stopped receiving text messages suddenly.

1) email still works and shows second "email" to number@txt.att.net

2) I've reset base station several times-no joy

3) deleted phone number email address and reentered-no joy

4) deleted ap, reset phone, reinstalled ap-no joy

5) tried using number@mms.att.net-no joy

6) have iphone

I recently had another system being shared with me and this kind of push worked fine on my cameras while sharing. After being removed from shared cameras texts still worked fine then a few days ago the text messages stopped. We had an issue still getting badges from sharing and followed advice to fix that. I did all of the above steps since we got the badge thing fixed.

The only thing i haven't done is delete the "text email" from all cameras on all modes as I have probably 8 modes set up with various camera combinations so that would be a lot of work. I've done all my troubleshooting on a mode with one camera.

I'm not sure my camera model but its from before the Arlo Pro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
UserKathy
Aspirant
Aspirant

So an update to problem. I doublechecked att messaging was the same by having someone send me an email to txt and that worked. I followed TomMac's advice and took all my number@txt.att.net out of all my cameras/modes-argh, then i tried adding someone elses phone but no joy. Finally i added my number@txt.att.net back in and took out my gmail and it worked. Put them both in and only got the gmail. Took out gmail and got txt. SOOOOO....I can at least set up the text messages again which will at least wake me up at night.

Now curious- I loaded in another number in and successfully got two text messages. The problem appears to be I can't get both an email and an email to text. Guess I research and see if someone has solved that problem already--LOL after I get a drink

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may not be on your end.... many time the carriers change how the email to phone number ( email to sms ) works.

Sound like you have no choice but to edit the emails in you modes.

PS before the Pro model it was the Arlo HD ( uses 4 123 cells )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
UserKathy
Aspirant
Aspirant

So an update to problem. I doublechecked att messaging was the same by having someone send me an email to txt and that worked. I followed TomMac's advice and took all my number@txt.att.net out of all my cameras/modes-argh, then i tried adding someone elses phone but no joy. Finally i added my number@txt.att.net back in and took out my gmail and it worked. Put them both in and only got the gmail. Took out gmail and got txt. SOOOOO....I can at least set up the text messages again which will at least wake me up at night.

Now curious- I loaded in another number in and successfully got two text messages. The problem appears to be I can't get both an email and an email to text. Guess I research and see if someone has solved that problem already--LOL after I get a drink