Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Terrible Edge Browser Login Experience

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MalibuSkier
Follower
Follower

So using Edge browser on my laptop or desktop computer, here is my new login and camera view experience:

1) go to Arlo web site

2) get prompted for login (every time)

3) Log In

4) Click on "Live" button on one of my cameras

5) I get told (every time) that "a new version of Flash is required, click here..." 

6) Click Here

7) browser prompts me that content was blocked and click button to "Allow Once"

😎 Click "allow" Button, page refreshes and I am again prompted to Log in

9) Log In (yet again)

10) Click on Live button and voila, it finally works.  

I'm certain that this is new behavior, it didn't take quite so many steps to view a camera.  Any chance your crack team of developers can simplify this for Edge Browser (I haven't tried on Firefox or others yet)?  

Yes, Flash is enabled in the browser settings.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MalibuSkier wrote:

So using Edge browser on my laptop or desktop computer, here is my new login and camera view experience:

1) go to Arlo web site

2) get prompted for login (every time)

3) Log In

4) Click on "Live" button on one of my cameras

5) I get told (every time) that "a new version of Flash is required, click here..." 

6) Click Here

7) browser prompts me that content was blocked and click button to "Allow Once"

😎 Click "allow" Button, page refreshes and I am again prompted to Log in

9) Log In (yet again)

10) Click on Live button and voila, it finally works.  

I'm certain that this is new behavior, it didn't take quite so many steps to view a camera. 

Yeah, those are the steps with Edge.  (2) and (9) are the new ones - and they are on Arlo. The automatic blocking of flash until you click "allow once" is on Microsoft.

Enabling Flash is easiest on Chrome (and with Chrome 77, allowing flash will stick for a while, so you don't need to do it every single time you log in).  Firefox is somewhere in-between. 

The only thing that Arlo can do here is to get rid of flash.  They've announced they are going to do that, but they haven't said when.  Hopefully it will be sooner, and not later.