Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

Anyone know what the deal is with Tenergy rechageables? They are no longer available on Amazon. The link from Arlo to the product listing on Amazon has a "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Has Tenergy pulled the product for some reason? Customer complaints? Defective products? I purchased a charger and 12 batteries in January and have been very happy with them, they last well. I have had to replace the batteries in one camera after 3.5 months, the recharged batteries have been going for 6 weeks still at 71%. That's the camera getting the most traffic (outside, over our front door).

Wanted to buy an extra set of batteries so I can just swap them out instead of putting the camera out of commission for 6 hours while the batteries charge.

Anyone know what the deal is?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea... But f you search the web , other places sell them ( like http://www.all-battery.com/4-pk-tenergy-3.7v-rcr123a-li-ion-rechargeable-batteries.aspx )

just one of a few I found quickly

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

@TomMac wrote:

No idea... But f you search the web , other places sell them ( like http://www.all-battery.com/4-pk-tenergy-3.7v-rcr123a-li-ion-rechargeable-batteries.aspx )

just one of a few I found quickly

Well then, no problem! Oh wait, so you're saying that the official link from Arlo to the product they recommend being out of commission is no big deal? That it isn't a little concerning? One of the more recent reviews on Amazon is some guy who has been using the Tenergy batteries for 2 years and the batteries are leaking and screwing up his cameras. Maybe Tenergy has a "ticking time bomb" on their hands.

I'd like to know why Tenergy isn't selling their own product any more.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Wait - Amazon is out of stock so therefore Tenergy isn't making them any more? That's not logical at all. Check the Tenergy website - they're still being sold.

madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

@jguerdat wrote:

Wait - Amazon is out of stock so therefore Tenergy isn't making them any more? That's not logical at all. Check the Tenergy website - they're still being sold.

I did check the Tenergy website. They still list 3V CR123A batteries, but not the 3.7V 650 mAH Arlo spec ones.

They have a "Where to buy" page. Best Buy, Micro Center, Pep Boys, ShopHQ and Office Depot no longer carry them. That's 5 out of 7 outlets listed on their website (Amazon is not listed at all).

I worry Staples and Fry's are only in stock until they get them cleared out.

I will buy some at All-Battery.com, at least they offer free shipping.