Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
RVS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Replays go dark after one or two uses? System says waiting. nothing happens!

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try logging out and back in. Seems to be needed more recently.

RVS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried that. It responds for 2 or 3 replays and then goes to loading and never loads.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RVS,

You might consider clearing your browser cache and try logging back in to start. Are you using the web ui or the phone app? Also if I could inquire which browser/version or phone you are using it may help me investigate this issue further.  Please let me know!

JamesC

RVS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using my main HP computer, windows 7 plugged directly into a Buffalo router air station.

RVS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have unplugged the netgear unit feed from the router and plugged it directly into the Xfinity box at the computer. This seems to have stopped the loading issue. Apparently there is not enough power at the router to run this system. I am not using an I-phone at this time to receive messages from this system.

RVS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well apparently the change did not correct the problem. The playback is still frozen in the loading mode.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RVS,

What is the signal strength like for the camera this is happening on?  It's possible this camera could be struggling to maintain connection with the base station which causes it to time out or freeze when trying to make a connection for the stream.  There could also be another device such as a router causing interference.  Please consider relocating the camera or the base station or both to try and further isolate the issue.  Let us know!

Thank you!

JamesC

RVS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved the router further from the further from the base station. This helped the replays, but still does not load all the time. I can live with it. If I jump to the next camera video and jump back to the previous one it will load the playback. It is much better, but not totally solved. Thanks for the tip.

Roy

RVS
Aspirant
Aspirant

The playbacks work up to about 6 times then still start black and slowly clear up. To correct I have to log out and log in again. Moving the router farther from the station and unplugging the unit from the router and plugging it directly to the Xfinity box seems to have helped but still have some playback problems. I have downloaded 2 videos and E-mailed them with no problems. The recipients have been able to view them without problem.

Pausing the video and magnifiing the image is a difficult process. Magnification of night images becomes blurred. Not good resolution.

royvan
Tutor
Tutor

The cameras miss the initial object in motion with the 2 second delay. So I get nothing for 10 seconds. I gave up on this system and shut it down. Too many faults to deal with including not beinag able to adjust the on/off timing. I do not recommend it at all.

modjeski
Aspirant
Aspirant

System is frozen. It will not pick up pictures. I is frozen on 21 Sep 15 and will not add any pictures.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you powered down the base station to reset it?  Are all the front LEDs green? Have you opened and closed the battery door on each camera?