Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
SirSwish
Tutor
Tutor
Hi all,

One of my cameras is mounted upside down and is set to "inverted" within the app. When viewing the stream, all is well. However, when a clip is recorded, the recording is NOT inverted basically playing upside down. Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
SirSwish
Tutor
Tutor
I seem to have solved my own issue by turning off the inverted option, going to position mode within that camera's settings, then turning the inverted option back on.
SirSwish
Tutor
Tutor
***unsolved***
This issue is recurring. Sometimes even the streaming feature is upside down. I may have to get back on the ladder and find a way to orient the camera right side up so that this issue goes away.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning SirSwish,

I would like to know more about this issue as I cannot replicate the issue you are describing. Have you attempted to reset the invert setting? Can you confirm which platform (iOS, Android, Web) you changed invert setting from? This will help us in attempting to replicate the issue.

For good measure, you may want to toggle the invert setting to "Off" then "Save" then toggle the setting back "On" and "Save" from a web browser.

I look forward to your  next update!

Thank you for your post!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
SirSwish
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

Yes I have tried to do a reset of the inverted setting. It seems to stick for a little while then return to the regular (not inverted) setting. I am using the iOS app for the bulk of my system control. I will attempt to use the web browser and update how that works out. 

CaseHow2015
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this problem with one of my cameras that is mounted upside down.  After toggling the camera settings to invert the image and save, all will work for only a little while.  I have only had the system for a couple days and have had to go and toggle invert images several times now.  I will get a motion notice via email and will see that the image in the email is upside down.  When I log into Arlo and look at streaming, it is upside down.  I will look at the camera setting and it is set to be inverted but it is not.  I have to toggle invert image off, save and toggle it back on, then save.  So far it only appears to hold the setting for a few hours.  Also I have noticed that if I make a change to another setting in Arlo, such as schedule, it will lose the invert setting on that camera.  I am using IOS and web to make changes.

ChristineT wrote:

Good morning SirSwish,

I would like to know more about this issue as I cannot replicate the issue you are describing. Have you attempted to reset the invert setting? Can you confirm which platform (iOS, Android, Web) you changed invert setting from? This will help us in attempting to replicate the issue.

For good measure, you may want to toggle the invert setting to "Off" then "Save" then toggle the setting back "On" and "Save" from a web browser.

I look forward to your  next update!

Thank you for your post!

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

JonC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm running into the same issue. I've done this a few times "For good measure, you may want to toggle the invert setting to "Off" then "Save" then toggle the setting back "On" and "Save" from a web browser." from both the browser and Andriod app. The Invert Image is one, but the image in the notification, library and active viewing end up upside down after a day.

Jon

burnsburns
Aspirant
Aspirant

Adding to this thread - I am having the same issue.  Appears to be a bug since it does correct when using the invert feature then reverts after a short period.  Looks good on my browser at first but mobile view remains upside down at all times.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

burnsburns,

Are you committing the change to the invert feature by clicking Save? If you are and you are still experiencing an issue please consider the following troubleshooting steps for the affected camera:

1. Navigate to Settings and then to System Settings and click Camera Order.

2. Remove the affected camera by clicking the green X.

3. Power cycle the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door.

4. Resync the camera to the base station.

This will recreate the default rule for the camera which sets the invert feature off by default. Let me know if this helps!

JamesC