Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sync ARLO Camera To Multiple Base Stations

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MGEP
Guide
Guide

Have initial ARLO system consisting of TWO ARLO Base Stations:

- FIRST base in property connected to router through powerline adapter.
- TWO cameras synchronised to first base

- SECOND base at end of long garden in outbuilding
- TWO cameras synchronised to second base

Can I synchronise ALL cameras to both base stations? Will it make any difference to what I see and can do?

Ask because ARLO Android app shows two cameras linked to first base ok and ONLY BRIEFLY displays two cameras linked to second base (and first base keeps disarming itself!) - which I don't understand! SAMSUNG SmartThings displays ALL cameras!

What rules does the ARLO app follow? The first base (the one in my property) linked appears to take precedence.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I've found that if you don't remove a camera from one base before you sync it to another base, you run the risk of the camera always showing as offline, despite working. Is this what you've done? You had the two cameras from the 2nd base on the first base initially but then sync'd them to the second base without removing them from the first base?

MGEP
Guide
Guide

Thanks for your reply Steve. What you've said makes sense, however the two cameras linked to the first base station and the two other cameras linked to the second base station have only ever been linked to the same base station they're linked to now, and never the other.

Interestingly, viewing the arrangement away from the property at the location where the second base station is situated (through WiFi or off WiFi) OR away from the location entirely generally works well (all four cameras showing).

Maybe there's something obvious here that I haven't noticed, however none of the cameras have ever been synchronised to any other base station than the one they're synchronised to now.