Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo First Generation - Does Not Send Alerts

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
emil77
Tutor
Tutor

I have the first camera generation, the "Arlo"

For more than a month my alerts are all over the place. I have an android, my wife an Iphone. We have both deleted and resintalled the app. All the alerts are set to push and email notifications. NOTHING is sent. I have reset the base, even re-synced the cameras. NOTHING works. What is the point of this camera if I do not get alerts? Today, I set the motion to armed, we left the house, 30 minutes later I noticed an email alert, but NO push notification.

There is a very odd thing though, it seems when we ARE home we *sometimes* get alerts, but when we leave the house no alerts. I checked the library and noticed that this morning at 4am the camera recorded motion in my backyard, but again NO alerts were sent.

I have tried disconnecting wifi on my phone, but still same problem.

Very frustating and disappointed in this camera system. I have 6 cameras that don't do anything for me.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked the phone settings for the app to ensure push notifications are enabled? For emails, have you checked your spam folders and tried email addresses that use a different email provider? WHat phones and OSes?

emil77
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, settings allow for notifications. I do get the email but NO texts. Odd thing is when I test the unit when I am home I do get the alerts. NO, I am not on geocaching mode either. It is very strange.

Android S9 + Version 8.0

Iphone 7 + (Not sure version, but it's the latest one)