Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Speed up recording

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Todd-
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I have an Arlo camera placed in the middle of the front of our property.

Problem is it's recordings are only capturing people when they have already walked halfway accross (say left to right of screen) the front of our property.

How can I get Arlo to start recording quicker?

There isnt really an option to put cameras closer to boundry.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Positioning is key. Motion across the FOV works much better than directly at or from the sensor. Post screenshots for suggestions.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Todd- wrote:

How can I get Arlo to start recording quicker?

That's hard to do , as mentioned placement and sense levels will help the best.

I ha a camera place at my front door and was getting people leaving..along the lines above, I moved it away from the door to face it. Now I manage to capture the people walking in and faces as they leave.

You say placement is hard, but try some temp locations to see if you can achieve a better response.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Estanger
Star
Star

I have the same problem.  Time lag of 2 to 3 seconds.  However, my Cheapy IP camera with suto tracking catches them every time.  Would be nice to see them open the door and not the back of thier heads

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you turned your motion sensitivity up from 80?

Estanger
Star
Star

Yes, I took it up all the way up.  Did not change the time to record but certainly eat the batteries....

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sadly, the delay between motion and recording for the original camera is quite significant. The Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras are magnitudes better, like pretty much instantaneous. The Arlo Pro 2 can even, when AC powered, record 3 seconds of video before the motion event. I've got these cameras at the front of my house and have moved the original cameras to around the back, mostly just to see what the dog's up to but also in case any burglar decides to jump the fence